ubuntu bricscad v11 custom papersize

How can I define custom paper sizes (example a longer A1).

When I try to edit the custom papersizes in the printing dialog I click in the edit button and nothing happens...

João Bispo

Comments

• there no way for that even in 11.1.17

• Joao, if you really need it, you can create extra paper sizes for your cups-pdf printer by modifying the following file:

/usr/share/ppd/cups-pdf/CUPS-PDF.ppd

This file is plain text ppd and understanding it's contents should be straightforward.

The unit used for dimensions is postscript default unit, point, it equals 1/72 inches, 0.352778 millimeters.

1. Copy the original cups-pdf.ppd to your home directory

cp /usr/share/ppd/cups-pdf/CUPS-PDF.ppd ~/cups-pdf-new.ppd

2. Edit the contents, add the new printer size lines (four lines for a size), you could take a look at the changes I made http://pastebin.com/5PwcXX7X

gedit ~/cups-pdf-new.ppd

3. Load the file for cups printer.

Open System → Administration → Printing

double click on your PDF printer (or open properties)

Under Settings there is "Make and Model: Generic CUPS-PDF Printer", click on the button "Change..." next to it

Choose "Provide PPD file" and point to your newly created file

4. Restart cups

sudo /etc/init.d/cups restart

or

sudo restart cups

5. Close and reopen your program, Bricscad in this case.

Now your new paper size should show up under printing settings.

• Mattias, can you explain where cups-pdf save pdf's? I have not find option for custom save the file... and nothing happens when I print to cups-pdf printer.

• Andrey, the generated PDF files go to ~/PDF directory (in your home folder). This can be changed globally in /etc/cups/cups-pdf.conf

• Mattias, thank you very much. finally I found where my pdf saves

/var/spool/cups-pdf/[$user]

looks like it is default directroy for opensuse 11.3

• Yeah, the defaults can vary a lot across distributions and I as a typical ubuntu user falsely assume everyone uses Ubuntu. Glad you got it resolved.

• thanks.....

This discussion has been closed.