3d polyline management

Dear all,

I am working with Bricscad v15. I have an addon which produces DTMs in the form of 3DFACES. What I would like to do now is to take a polyline which symbolizes a pipe trace and project the height from the 3DFACES onto the vertices of the 3DPOLYLINE ideally with a fixed offset. Afterwards I would like to insert/edit the vertices ideally in a tabular form in order to vary position and height. Lastly I would like to produce quick sections in order to verify the alignment of the different pipes along with the DTM.

What I have achieved so far is that I roughly master the terrain data including breaklines. When I try to manually edit a 3DPOLYLINE though I actually end up setting the height for all vertices at the same time. I have seen that there are LISP scripts out there for taking the vertical from a 3DFACE intersection (PROF_3DF_EN.LSP), but I cannot make them work since they have some AutoCAD dependancy in the form of geomcal/calcal library etc. Also I would like to avoid buying another toolbox, although I came across the GeoTools.

If someone out there disposes over a freely available LISP/VBA working whatsoever solution I'd be glad to get a hint.

Best

Sebastian

Comments

• If you rarely do this you can create a 3D Polyline that follows the DTM 'manually'. Just make sure that the UCS is the WCS and that the view direction matches the Z-axis. Using the _APPARENT snap you can click intersections between edges of 3D Faces and the trace of the pipe to specify points for the 3D Polyline.
  • Note: The trace must be below the 3D Faces for this to work.
  • @Roy: apparent snapping while redrawing using 3DPOLYLINE works while intersecting with 3DFACE and POLYLINES. May this be automated somehow?
  • This can certainly be automated. With some medium-level Lisp knowledge you should be able to accomplish this.
    I don't mind helping you out if you need some Lisp pointers, but I don't have code for this. And I had it would not be free.
  • Hello Sebastian,

Maybe i can be of any assistance.
    Please contact me at dirk - at - geopus - dot - be , we might benefit mutual from this.

ty !

This discussion has been closed.