Repeat last command?

It seems every time I upgrade, I have to figure this out again and it's different every time! Searching the forums, the last question about this is not relevant to what I need, and ones before that are from several versions ago and also no longer correct setting.

Just upgraded from v13 to 16

When I right-click, it does give option to repeat last command, but also brings up a small popup with the last several commands. I just want right-click to repeat last command when not currently in a command, and end the command while in a command.

I'm guessing, Settings->Settings-> ...? (none of the mouse options seem to be it)

Thanks for any help!

Comments

• It seems every time I upgrade, I have to figure this out again and it's different every time! Searching the forums, the last question about this is not relevant to what I need, and ones before that are from several versions ago and also no longer correct setting.

Just upgraded from v13 to 16

When I right-click, it does give option to repeat last command, but also brings up a small popup with the last several commands. I just want right-click to repeat last command when not currently in a command, and end the command while in a command.

I'm guessing, Settings->Settings-> ...? (none of the mouse options seem to be it)

Thanks for any help!

To add to this -- I also don't wish to have shortcuts pop up as I hoover over objects. If I'm hovering over an object it's to repeat a last command, not spell check, chamfer, etc. I keep accidentally hitting the popup instead of the object and my productivity has gone to a snail's pace.
  • I would try changing the SHORTCUTMENU variable in Settings -> Settings.
  • I would try changing the SHORTCUTMENU variable in Settings -> Settings.

Thanks, but I'd already tried that.

However, I figured it out: I wanted to turn off the Quad. Doing that gave me my right-click repeat and ... I guess that's called the 'Quad' ... stopped popping up. Putting this here in case anyone else is being driven crazy by this!
  • Martin is correct, SHORTCUTMENU is the setting you would change to modify right click function. Your right too in that the QUAD (F12 to toggle on/off) just gets in the way if you don't want it.

You can still access shortcut menus with the QUAD on by doing a long right click. This is turned on by clicking on option 16 under SHORTCUTMENU, and the delay can be adjusted by changing the value for SHORTCUTMENUDURATION. If you never plan to use the QUAD, then you can turn off  SHORTCUTMENU option 16, which totally removes the delay.

Regards, Jason Bourhill CAD Concepts 
  • Martin is correct, SHORTCUTMENU is the setting you would change to modify right click function. Your right too in that the QUAD (F12 to toggle on/off) just gets in the way if you don't want it.

You can still access shortcut menus with the QUAD on by doing a long right click. This is turned on by clicking on option 16 under SHORTCUTMENU, and the delay can be adjusted by changing the value for SHORTCUTMENUDURATION. If you never plan to use the QUAD, then you can turn off  SHORTCUTMENU option 16, which totally removes the delay.

Yeah -- that's what I'd had to do last time, but changing it this time did nothing... but it was because the QUAD thing was popping out first.

I'm not sure if that was there before, or if it just wasn't the default... but I can think of no reason to having it pop in your face like that by default. Do people really find looking for a button faster than hitting one key you don't even need to look for? Especially a button that pops up if you get within 20 pixels of an object?

Also, would this be a good place to ask about multi-sheet selection? Ever since the first version I started using (11 or 12, IIRC), I've been wanting to select multiple sheets in a drawing to delete a bunch at once (we start with a template and delete out pages we don't use, that can be up to 50 pages!). Instructions have said it's just like in AutoCAD: you pick the pages you want, and can multi-select by clicking ctrl or shift (just like selecting multiple files in anything else). However, that has never worked. I've contacted bricsys several times about it, and every time get something unrelated as an answer or no response at all...
  • It always helps if you use the correct terms. I get the idea that your request is not about sheets, but about layouts.
  • It always helps if you use the correct terms. I get the idea that your request is not about sheets, but about layouts.

Yes, I do mean layouts. That is the term I used every other time (sorry; I am the only person who does CAD stuff in my office and have to use terms other people will understand. Sheets vs layouts, real/scaled instead of model/paper, etc. My lingo has gotten bad). Do you know the answer? Thanks!

Here is the original thread: https://forum.bricsys.com/discussion/19050, and I've asked the question elsewhere as well.
  • Hi Tina,

The most likely reason your questions aren't being answered is that you are raising multiple questions in a post, or adding additional queries to a posting not related to the first. This is confusing.

To answer your most recent question on deleting multiple layouts. Unfortunately this can't be done by selecting the layout tabs, however if you go to PAGESETUP in the Drawing Explorer (Ctrl + 2), you can select the layouts from there and delete them. I believe Roy has posted this solution previously.

• Hi Tina,

The most likely reason your questions aren't being answered is that you are raising multiple questions in a post, or adding additional queries to a posting not related to the first. This is confusing.

To answer your most recent question on deleting multiple layouts. Unfortunately this can't be done by selecting the layout tabs, however if you go to PAGESETUP in the Drawing Explorer (Ctrl + 2), you can select the layouts from there and delete them. I believe Roy has posted this solution previously.

• Sorry for the double post. Forum gremlins strike again

• Hi Tina,

I've asked JUST that question multiple times before and never got an answer.

The two problems first posted in this thread related to each other: one was causing the other not to work as expected.

Even in that previous thread the two questions were related: I used to 'batch' print by clicking on the multiple layouts I wanted to print, then right-click->plot and it'd bring up the publish dialogue. So if I couldn't pick multiple layouts I couldn't batch print.

In any case, that worked perfectly: thank you! Never expected deleting page layouts from within print setup would actually delete said layouts (and as I said: I'm the only person in the office who knows CAD stuff at all, so have just been blundering along trying to keep up to current as best I can without a team to toss knowledge between, and most of the drafting I have to do is so simple there are giant rotting holes in a lot of what knowledge I do have). You've just saved me a ton of annoyance when I'm first creating a drawing set!
  • hi

you could use "File > Publish" to print multiple sheets / layouts quickly. this is likely the same dialog box you used to see when you could highlight multiple layouts.

Publish will add all the current layouts and plot styles defined. delete the sheets you do not want to print and then publish. this can be saves as a sheet set for future use as well.

the good thing about this is if you have the plot style to PDF, it can make one pdf with all the sheets in it.

hope it helps.

daz

• hi

you could use "File > Publish" to print multiple sheets / layouts quickly. this is likely the same dialog box you used to see when you could highlight multiple layouts.

Publish will add all the current layouts and plot styles defined. delete the sheets you do not want to print and then publish. this can be saves as a sheet set for future use as well.

the good thing about this is if you have the plot style to PDF, it can make one pdf with all the sheets in it.

hope it helps.

daz

Oh, that I figured out years ago. I'd been using AutoCAD LT 2005 previous to that (yes -- until 2012. Ugh!), and IIRC it didn't have 'publish', though an even older version of full AutoCAD did (I think it was called something other than 'publish'). Haven't looked back since starting on BricsCAD, so can't be sure. I just know that back in 2012 I had no idea how to print multiple layouts at once without being able to highlight the layout tabs.
This discussion has been closed.