free Symbol Manager for Linux V10/11 and KDE4 with Dolphin

We are working on a small tool, a symbol manager for Bricscad Linux V10/11 (Beta).

You could manage symbols directly via Dolphin KDE 4 with right Mouse click -> insert Xref aso. with switching back to Bricscad Window.

It is a freeware Tool Beta stage and we need some people to test. If anybody is interested in this, please contact use: info@zxmamecd.eu

We will send the Beta version until this week to you.

It works fine under Suse 11.x x86_64, should also work with other distributions and KDE 4 x86/x86_64.

Thanks,

A. Schmidhuber

Comments

• the latest Beta now works with x86 and x86_64 distributions with KDE or GNOME. Testers are welcome.

• Hi - Is this instead of being able to view blocks with the INSERT command?  It sounds like a partial solution to a problem I have, but maybe I'm misinterpreting its purpose. (With 10.6.8 build 19958) I do not have the ability to see graphic representations of symbols with INSERT, just their names, no pictures. I assume that's being worked on, but maybe you intend this to be the solution. ?

• if you insert a block you couldn't see a thumbnail of the dxf/dwg with bricscad. Therefore you need a symbol manager. This is why we made a little tool which uses the file manager of KDE or GNOME to view and insert dwg/dxf, images and textfiles. If you want to preview a dxf with these filemanagers you first have to convert it to a bitmap. It is an early stage, so we did not take it onto the server, yet. Please contact me if you want to test it.

This discussion has been closed.