Dynamic Window Block Attribute ##### *SOLVED*

Hello all.

I am wondering if someone could help with the #### displaying for attributes. We are in the process of switching from AutoCAD to BricsCAD. (Approx. 1/2 the staff is using BricsCAD.)
The problem arises when our window blocks are inserted using BricsCAD. They work as expected and can be viewed by another team member using BricsCAD just fine. When a team member using AutoCAD or sales associate using TrueView opens the file. The window attributes are hashtags.
The AutoCAD user can use the attribute sync command to restore the label but sales does not have that option.

I am attaching an AutoCAD and BricsCAD dwg to compare.
Thank you for the time.

Comments

• ALANH
    edited September 2022
    Very extensive code and my only comment is you have given your opposition a huge gain, you should not post code like this, I work commercially as a programmer and would not publicly post this code. Suggest you remove. or just post the field bit, It will take no time and it will appear some where else.

So the ###.## etc is a field value.

Better to post a simple dwg. Can then look at field.

Side note did something similar for High rise multi story, drawing panels, if interested post.
  • dstarook
    edited December 2022
    Just to follow up.
    When the attribute is inserted with AutoCAD. It is assigning the field-object type-property as "CALLOUT" and assigning the appropriate value.
    When BricsCAD inserts the attribute, it does not assign the "CALLOUT" and the value is shown as ####. But, the attribute does display the correct callout.
  • looks like a field evaluation issue, in that the field code isn’t recognized properly, I’m sure if you file a support request, they can fix it.
  • Solved.

I was able to fix this issue by recreating the block from scratch. The original block had multiple stretch parameters for the window width. The original creator of the block was not aware of the MID POINT option for a evenly spacing a parameter. I think this was confusing BricsCAD. Just removing the offending parameters did not work though. I needed to create the block from scratch.
    Lots of work but everything works now.
    Thank you to all who tried to help.