Add part numbers to parts

Hi,
I would like to attach our company part numbers to mechanical parts and see it in the BOM.
This way, the we will be able to import the BOM into our ERP/MRP. Generating assembly, procurement lists, checking stock etc..
The BOM will look like
PN QTY Component
12AB34 5 Screw, M3x0.5, L=8mm, Pan head Philips, DIN7985
56CD78 3 L-Bracket, 10x15x1mm

Am I missing an already existing feature?

Thanks!

Comments

• I don't know if this is the proper way of doing it, but I will add the part number in the component name. You can then add the component name column to your BOM.

• Hi Denis,
    A component name is a descriptive field. It gives information for humans, like "Screw M3x0.5 Pan head 4mm", which is easy to read and understand when you look at the mechanical browser.
    It's part number would look like "BC33456". It's not meaningful to have such a list in your mechanical browser. The PN can be a hidden field. It's needed by the ERP/MRP system.
    Our current solution is to have both the description and PN in the component name. like: "Screw M3x0.5 Pan head 4mm [BC3345]" and then let a macro parse it after the BOM export.
    I'm looking for a more elegant solution..

• @hptsys said:
    A component name is a descriptive field. It gives information for humans, like "Screw M3x0.5 Pan head 4mm", which is easy to read and understand when you look at the mechanical browser.

The "descriptive field" you are talking about, is the "description" part of the mechanical part browser, just under the "name" field that I circled in red in my first post. You can use the component name as a part number to achieve the exact thing you're looking for. You can rename the header if it's confusing.
    Use the description field to describe the component in human terms.