BIMPROPERTIES - How to export User properties?

Hi All
I'm teaching MEP tools to a client. I know how to create custom properties, associated to Services category, but can't find a way to export these properties to use in other drawings/models.
Any help?
TIA
João Santos

Comments

• Hi João,

I am in the same situation. Did you find a way to do this?

Many thanks in advance
    Ernest
  • Hello Fegis,
    No, meanwhile the training ended and I never went back to this subject.
    Cheers
  • Hi João, Ernest,

In BIMPROPERTIES, there is an EXPORT function, which will export all property definitions to an .XML file, which you can IMPORT back in other projects.
    It was introduced in V22.2

I hope this helps?
    Cheers,

Ruben

• Excellent! Thanks for the new info!
  • One small addition:

When you export the properties to XML, and include the XML-file in the setting 'BimDefaultPropertiesPath', they will be automatically included in every new project.

• Perfect thank you Ruben for the tip!
  • Hi !
    My name is Paulo
    I am new to Bricscad
    I´m trying to export mass information together with IFC information
    So I created an Stair definition to export its VOLUME
    But the exported IFC does not bring this information. Is there a way to export volume from a stair?

• Hi Paulo,

Indeed, there seems to be an issue with the volume calculation for stairs. We'll look into it.

In the meantime, as a workaround, you could create a user-defined property, and copy paste the value there. Or, if you have multiple stairs, you could use the Python script in attachment.
    1. Add a user-defined property 'Volume' and assign it to Stairs (in BIMPROPERTIES)
    2. Run the python script 'StairVolumeToProperty.py' with BIMPYTHON
    3. This will copy the calculated volume to the property 'Volume' you just created, for every stair in your model. This property will be exported to IFC.
    4. Please note that you'll have to rerun the script whenever the quantities have changed