Blocks and parameterized components

Hi,

A few questions around using blocks and components in Shape.
I come from Sketchup, where they use groups (singular assembly) and components (identical copies of an assembly).

Blocks
I can group shapes by using block (b), then copy them around.
However, there is no command to edit the block and update all copies afterwards.
I tried the following: explode the block, alter the assembly, then save under the same block name. Results are unpredictable: sometimes the copies update but move place, sometimes they only move place, the new block is not created, ... .
Nested grouping of blocks seems to work, you can return by exploding step by step.

Is there a way to update blocks?

Components
We can create components by using 'bmcreatecomponent' and store these in some library maps.
When I update a component and save it under the same name in the library, it's copies are not updated. I tried regen and redraw, no joy.

Is there a way to update components?

Parameterized components
At our company, we have some Bricscad Pro versions, but most users work with Lite version.
The Pro version allows to create parameterized components.

Is there a way to use custom made parameterized components in Shape?

Best regards,

Geert

Comments

• Hello.

BEDIT and REFEDIT are not available in Shape.
    Your approach is correct.
    When redefining the block, the same insertion point should be used, otherwise the already inserted blocks will move according to the new insertion point.

In Shape, the components are inserted as simple blocks, they are not linked to the definitions saved as components.

Parametrization is not available in Shape.