Draw Order lost when binding external refferences

Hello,We use a multiple nesting level of external refferences to build our drafted sheets, for example, we might build a 3rd floor plan from 2 or 3 external refferences which in turn have been build by other 2 or 3 external refferences and so on, in general we might have 3 to 4 levels of nesting of external refferences where every level has added information in a full set of plans.When we finish with all the associated drafting for a drawing sheet we eventually build a binded DWG file that we can distribute to consultants that have to add more to the drawing in their field of expertise, owners and the like, however, we have found that in the process of doing the binding the resulting drawing seems to have lost the draw order of the solid hatches, so if the drawing intended to show the tile distribution of a floor plan, the solid hatch ends up covering the tile grid and the effect is lost.We do not like to give away DWG´s and would prefer other alternatives but government contracts in our country usually require that you do so we have little choice, further, because of the intricate file structure that we use we have found that manipulating this files is often well beyond the knowledge of many of the recipients that are supposed to further add content, thus, the binded file seems to be the only alternative to avoid this.Has anyone experienced a similar issue?, if so, any workaround?Best Regards,Jose

Comments

• We have had the same issue but as I haven't used autocad for a while I didnt know whether it did the same thing or not. Regardless, it is quite annoying as I usually bind all xrefs into the master to archive afile and invariably the hatching loses its z position thus covering over a lot of detail. As for workarounds all i've been able to come up with is manually exploding and then using "Send To Back" (not ideal when every drawing set has around 30 drawings).

• You can use QuickSelect to first select all solid hatches, then use Draworder and send all solid hatches to the background.1. Click the QuickSelect button on the Properties bar.2. Click the Entity Type button on top of the Properties bar and choose Hatch in the entity type list.3. In the Pattern Name field of the Properties grid, click the Select button and select the Solid hatch pattern.4. Click the Add to new selection set button.All solid hatches are selected now.5. Launch the Draworder tool and choose BACK or press the Send to back tool button on the Draw Order toolbar.

• Louis,

Further studiying problems associated with binding we have found further problems:

1. Will occasionally change xreff properties
    2. Will occasionally turns on layers that were off or frozen
    3. Will occasionally change layer colors

Is there any chance that a fix will be provided that maintains draw order, xreff properties, layer state and colors intact?, having to revise a large number of drawings to try to figure out what is correct and what is not after a bind does take a large amount of time, usually by the project compleation when you are against the clock

This discussion has been closed.