using dimensions with non-world ucs

I have to create scale drawings or parts for fabrication quite a bit, and so tend to use ucs (other than world) alot. I am a little frustrated that when I am not in ucs world, the text on dimesions is upside down. Is there a setting I am unfamiliar with that will correct this issue?

Comments

• Sorry I can't help with that, but do you rotate ucs because the dwgs are 3d?If they were 2d, wouldn't you use Snapang to rotate axes and Dimaligned or Dimrotated (if that's the word)?Asking out of curiosity, I have had 2d drawings with with non-world ucs and could never really understand the reason, but it made them difficult for me to use especially before I realised what they had done.

• Hello Shawn,could you please file a support request and attach a sample drawing. We'll investigate what causes the dimensions to be upside down and inform you.

• Shawn, could it be that you specified a UCS with the positive Y direction pointed downward?The "up" direction for dimension text is normally to the positive Y side or the negative X side of the dimension line, just as it is in World UCS.

• Anthony,Thank you, you are absolutely correct. I would have never thought to check if that was the problem.

• John, to answer your question:I use non-world UCS. It's just as easy to set and turn off as Snapag, but it lets me use DimLinear, and most importantly it makes the Rectang command draw on the slant. I like to use Rectang to draw my layout and construction lines.But I always set UCS back to World before sending a file to someone else.

• Yes, an angled Rectang command would be useful.I had avoided UCS since its introduction when it upset some lisps in Acad.Just interesting to hear how other people work, maybe it's worth a revisit.

This discussion has been closed.