Batting linetype

In AutoCAD is lintype "Batting". But when I open DWG with this linetype, line is displayed like dotted but no as "batting" - insulation.I'm not architect, I not need script to draw this line. I need view it. Is it possible?(I tried it on 3 diffs PC with diffs OS with same result - XP Pro SP3, Vista BE, Seven).

Comments

• Sorry no one answered sooner. Linetype definitions are in a separate file, not in the DWG file and not in the program file. You could ask the person who sent you the DWG file to send you their linetype pattern file, and then find the "batting" linetype and add it to yours. But I don't know whether BricsCad supports a complex linetype such as that.Alternatively, you could ask them to send you a PDF file of the drawing.If you just want to see where all the batting lines are, you could in a few seconds do a custom selection for all entities using that linetype, and then give them some distinguishing properties, perhaps an extremely thick lineweight and a color not used for anything else, and use the Draworder command to place them all at the back so the thick lines don't cover up something else.

• Thanks for you answer. I tried something like your idea before, but I want simple open and view. I copied ltypeshp.shx from AutoCAD support folder to BC and now it's displaying well. (but I'm not sure if I can use this file "legal").I tried it with another intellicad based application and ther is this type of line displaying well.I asking for this, because I don't want pay for another LT licence and I prefer BC.Thanks.

• Hello, Juraj,indeed, there are also other remarks, that those standard linetypes, as shipped with Acad, are not yet shipped with Bricscad ... therefore, the display is not accurate.I will care to get those few standard linetypes as provided by Acad, are also included with Bricscad, by default.I also think this is absolutely essential, not only to have a proper viewing, but especially, to have proper plotting :-)Many greetings, Torsten

• Dear Torsten,

We are at V11 right now, but it still doesn't have ltypep.shx included. Why?

Best regards,

Ranko

This discussion has been closed.