angle dimension

In Bricscad ver. 9.2.15, I noticed when inserting an angle dimension that the "arc" goesthrough the angle value instead of having a "break" if you know what I mean. Triedchanging numerous settings but can't seem to fix it. Anyone know the dimension settingthat controls this?

Comments

• I get that, I just try to position the dim text to where it does not happen.The compromise location is never ideal, the next option is to put it where you want then explode it and manually modify.I use dim defaults, changing only dimscale for simplicity and so any problems are less likely to have been caused by me.A similar thing happens with smaller dims - text which would fit inside the arrows is pushed to outside. Dragging the dim seems to suggest the program is expecting the text size to be larger than it is.Another problem I have is sometimes dimension lines, arrows and text move to a completely different place from where they were placed, leaving hugely long legs back to the object.

• It's not that big of a deal except it doesn't do it in version 7 to my recollection. I guess sendinga support request won't hurt, surely something like this could be taken care fairly quickly.

• Got a response from support and they said this will be taken care of in the next few updates.

• Not sure if I had submitted one as well. Disappointing when a function used to work but doesn't so well now.

• You're right John, it is a bit disappointing... It has been a constant big worry for us while replacing old code: do not annoy users with regressions, add automated unit tests for all new code and make sure these tests cover all possible paths. To give you an idea: since 2004, when we started rewriting all old code to make it maintainable, well structured and robust, we've added 7800 automated tests. Each of these tests asserts that a number of conditions and obtained values are correct, e.g. several tests added recently for the about-to-be-released new geometry library, check over 10000 conditions each.And yet, we grudgingly have to admit that, besides hundreds of corrections and improvements, there have been some regressions, no matter how hard we tried to avoid them... we have tried to fix them promptly, and extended our tests accordingly. There is good news though: the rewrite process has come very close to completion, it will be finished this summer, leaving us with a sound code base, not hostile to maintenance and well prepared for extension.Best regards,Hans

• In view of how well V9 works overall, it's a very small hiccup.

This discussion has been closed.