Multiple sessions of Bricscad opened

I have V9.2.15 installed and sometimes when I close a session of Briscad an I try to open another file by double clicking nothing happens. And I try again. And again. I then open the Task Manager and I can see 3-4 times the bricscad.exe application listed there as many as the number of trys to open I had. I cannot get out of this loop unless I select all those sessions from the task manager and force close them. This is not happening all the time and it is hard for me to replicate. Did some of you guys got into this problem? I s there a trick to do to get rid of it?

Comments

• Only once in a while, when I crash it testing my plug-ins : ) Are you running any third party apps?

• I used to see it once in a while, from the time I first started using BC in v8. But I haven't seen it in a long time. Maybe there was a conflict with some other app that I've stopped using, or one of my sloppy homemade lisp commands.

Hey, look at the new message posting box, with subscription and text formatting and links. Very nice.

• Nope I am not using any 3rd party app. And it is hapening randomly.

• I open files less often that way, but they always open in the same session. Maybe something your system makes it do that, you could try temporarily disabling anti virus software - that has caused me a deal of trouble in the past.

• Hi,

I'm using V9.2.16 and have this problem, but detected that occurs when using images in blocks.

Do you user images?

• Images can be OLE images or IMAGE entities. If the program doesn't stop running OLE images could be involved. The current release V9.2.16 has a fix for a stability issue with OLE objects - it's worth a try.

• When I had this problem, I would find that Bricscad was not listed in the Applications tab of Task Manager, but bricscad.exe was listed in the Processes tab. Selecting that and clicking "End Process" would fix it.

I don't use OLE images.

• I do use blocks that have variouse images inserted. They are exported as references from an application. But there is no way I can take the images off and I don't want to as they are needed on the drawings. An important thing is that the error only appears randomly and I cannot reproduce to find the cause.

This discussion has been closed.