This DWG file was saved by a software application that was not delevoped or licensed by Autodesk.

Dear forum members,

I don't know if this is the right place for this subject (perhaps I should file a support request) but third parties opening BC7 drawings in AutoCad will get this message:

This DWG file was saved by a software application that was not delevoped or licensed by Autodesk.

From what I can find on the internet it appears that newer ODA-libraries have solved this problem. Does anyone know of a way for BC7 users to avoid this "Autodesk-nag".

Regards, Roy.

Comments

• Autodesk forced the Open Design Alliance  (by a lawsuit)  to remove the code that allowed to set the 'Created By Autodesk' signature in dwg files.

This nag reminds Autodesk users about the existence of alternative dwg editors ;-)

• Dear Hans,

From what I find on the site of a dutch ZwCAD dealer the nag-problem seems pretty persistent. Their solution is to create a new drawing in AutoCad and copy+paste all drawing entities from the non-Autodesk dwg to the new dwg. This seems very cumbersome. What would be the approach of Bricsys?

Regards, Roy.

• Why is it a problem for Bricscad or its users? Seems like one more reason for people to dislike Autocad, to me.

Autodesk should be much better positioned to act on a problem for their users which they created.

• Tell the acad user to set the systemvar DWGCHECK to 0

This discussion has been closed.