Turn off popup

I'm doing a reinstall and I can't remember how to turn off that annoying little dialog that pops up whenever you enter a command.

Can anyone tell me where the setting is?

Comments

• Try  settings->program options->display ->prompt menu

•  Hello

what is the name of the system variable ?
    Thank you

• in V9 (DE) does not
    _PROMPTMENU
  • PROMPTMENU works in BC7. I don't use BC9 (http://www.bricsys.com/bricscad/help/en_US/V9/Bricscad/ doesn't contain info on system variables).

• PROMPTMENU is no longer available on the commandline, but it can be set in the SETTINGS dialog.

• Promtmenu is not a systemvariable, it is an preference so it is not rechable via a command. The prefered way to change the settings of the PromptMenu ist to start the settings command (German Einstellungen) and than search for Promtmenu. You are direktly pointed to the correct settings.

In der deutschen Version kann auch direkt nach Meldungs Menü gesucht werden. Hier kann das gewünschte Verhalten eingestellt werden.

• Roy,

All system variables and Bricscad preferences are fully described at the bottom of the Settings dialog. We don't duplicate this info in the V9 help.

•  

A pity it does not have an adjustable variable is

in 8 of 10 installations, I have a support request as I can disable it.

Is there another way to recruit externally to change?

Schade das es nicht über eine Variable einstellbar ist

bei  8 von 10 Installationen habe ich eine Supportanfrage wie ich es deaktivieren kann.

Gibt es einen anderen Weg die Einstellung von extern zu ändern?

• Thanks Daniel M. I was tearing my hair out trying to remember what it was :-)

Daniel B, there is a setting in the registry at

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Bricsys\Bricscad\V9\en_US\Profiles\Default\Config\PROMPTMENU

It's a per user setting though so it will need to be set for each user.

A global setting would be nice, and a system variable.

Bernard, I would vote for having the help for settings in the help file. There are an awful lot of settings to click through to try to find information if you don't know which one you are looking for.

• Or, perhaps an option in the settings dialog that does a "fuzzy" keyword search on the text in the description of each item, in addition to the current search that looks only at the name of the setting itself? "Fuzzy" in the sense that a user looking for, e.g., "Linetype scale" would be able to find that and similar entries by searching on a keyword like "size."

• If I am understanding correctly, the problem you are discussing, you can try the command "shortcutmenu", and set it to zero. It doesn't shut the pop-up menu's completely down, but reduces the occurrence.

• I find that the search feature does search the descriptions of the settings, not just the names. And F3 searches for the next occurrence, and Enter leaves the search box and goes to the setting itself. Since I learned to use that, I've never been stumped for any setting.

According to the documentation, the ShortcutMenu setting is supposed to control display of context menus, not prompts.

• Thanks for the help "shortcutmenu" was for me the best tip

Danke für die Hilfe "shortcutmenu" war für mich der optimale Tip

Gruss Dani

• sorry, it confuses
    The registry entry is right for me
    sorry habe es verwechselt
    Der Registry Eintrag ist das richtige für mich
This discussion has been closed.