saveas & open dialog window

Helo there

I`ve just upgraded to 9.3.11. version and when I wanted to save as some drawing, dialog window didn`t pop up. Same when I wanted to open some file. Is there mistake on my side or is it u bug?

Thanks for an answare

Comments

• Sounds like the FILEDIA system variable is set to 0ff.

• that was it.

Thanks

• Dear Hans

You were right, it was set to off. But how to say BC to remember to set it ON. With every new start of BC I need to set it back to ON :-( .

Any idea?

Thanks

• Could it be that you're running some additional utility or script on startup, which sets FILEDIA off?

If you're familiar with Regedit, you could have a look at the value of HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Bricsys\Bricscad\V9\en_US\Profiles\Default\Config\FILEDIA : if it is 0x00000001 then FILEDIA is ON, if it is 0x00000000 then it is OFF.

So after you manually have set FILEDIA On, close Bricscad. It will store 0x00000001 in the FILEDIA registry key during close down. If at the next start up FILEDIA is back to Off, it means that some utility that is running at startup has switched it Off...

• NOTE: the abovementioned registry key is valid for user profile 'Default' (which is, well, the default one)

If you are using another user profile then you have to look up the FILEDIA setting under the appropriate Profile key... in other words: in the key name, replace "Default" by the name of your profile.

This discussion has been closed.