Associative Dimensions

For some versions now, moved dimensions would sometimes lose their proportions - the line with text ends up somewhere off the screen.

Copied dimensions often refer back to the place they were copied from.

In V10, a similar thing happens when just moving or stretching the dimensioned object.

My on_load lisp includes (setvar "dimaso" 0), but some are or were created with associativity on just the same.

Is there an easy way of removing dimension associativity, without exploding?

Comments

• John,

you could try the following:

Click the Quick Select button at the right top corner of the Properties Bar. The Quick Select panel is displayed (looks similar to the Properties Bar) and at the top a combo box shows the total number of entities found in the drawing. Click the down arrow of the combo to get the list of entity types found with the quantity for each type. Select e.g. Rotated Dimensions. Each property of a rotated dimension is listed, and beside it you see a wildcard character '*'. Click the field with the asterisk beside the 'Associative' property and from the combo select 'Yes' (by default the conditional operator should be '=') so you obtain "Associative = Yes". Now click the 'Add to New Selectionset" button.

And now... and now... I see I'm stuck. Can't change the 'Associative' property: some discussion with the developer involved learns that we are missing the DIMDISASSOCIATE command, which would be a small but handy thing to add.

We'll add it in the coming days.

Meanwhile I went through your support requests looking if you reported a case of a moved dimension that loses its proportions, unfortunately not yet. If you come accross a reproducible case, we'ld be grateful for a report.

Kind regards,

Hans

• Yay, I'm not mad!

Thanks Hans, I saw that box but it's untouchable.

The wayward dimensions don't seem very consistent, that's probably why I have not submitted it.

This discussion has been closed.