attext fails with 'Invalid Export Format'

I am attempting to use the attext command to export attribute data from a collection of blocks.  I have the template formatted correctly (I think, this template was originally used for Autocad attext and the format in the help files for Bricscad looks the same).  It doesn't seem to matter whether i select sdf or cdf format, i get the same error.  Any one have any ideas on what the problem may be?  Here is the data template that i am using:

POSITION C030000
CH C020000
DIM C030000
CRKT C030000
UNIT C060000
TYPE C030000
WATT C030000
USE C030000
COLOR C030000
GOBO C030000
BL:HANDLE C072000
FSIZE C03000

Comments

• OK, solved my own problem.  In bricscad, if you have an attext template that contains attribute names that are NOT present in all blocks, attext throws a "Invalid Export Format" error.  This is NOT what happens in Autocad.  Autocad just processes whatever attributes are present if listed in the template.  So to prevent the error, you either need to remove the missing block attributes from the template, or add the appropriately named attribute to the block. 

Small difference, but with big consequences.  It would be nice to put this on the bug list.  If a template listed attribute is not present in a particular block, then the attext command should just not process that extraction for that attribute on that block and move on to the next block on the list which MAY have that attribute present. 

For DIY BIM apps like the ones that we use, this is a critical issue.  Extracting attribute data across different types of blocks is how you build schedules.  Things like door and window schedules, which will have different attributes.

Since we are still evaluating as a replacement for Autocad, i am not sure if i can submit a bug report.  But if we purchase a license i most certainly will. 

• The way to report a bug is indeed to submit a support request. You don't need to purchase a license to use our support request pages. Thanks for your feedback!

• It's hard to believe the same brains which dreamed up attributes, came up with that template way of getting at them.

Similar style of thing to Edlin. If a simpler way of extracting attributes had ever been added, I'm sure many more would make use of them than do.

This discussion has been closed.