---

Hi there.

Has someone else experienced crashes and failures with realease V10.1.10? In out office we have administrative restrictions for users ( they cannot install programms and stuff) could that be a cause of the crashes? Also many crashes are caused by working with hot grips. My biggest concern is that I cannot reproduce the crashes to file a support request. All of them are randomly appearing. Sometimes they repeat, sometimes they don't.

Does anyone else has this problem?

Comments

• I had problems with the installation of V10.

After the 1st start of V10 I took the settings from V9, removed V9 and closed V10. A 2nd start was not possible, because the error message "Failed to load LicenseManager" popped up. I tried the repair option of the uninstall routine, but after that the uninstall routine got lost. I copied the file "LicenseManager4.dll" into the Bricscad folder, but only the english version was able to start. Finally I installed V10 again in the same folder and now it works fine.

• At first I had trouble starting V10, then discovered a line with (command "xxxx") in on_doc_load which had always worked in the past was preventing it starting.

Experimenting with on_doc_load.lsp found it out.

I then had trouble crashing until I went through all my lisps and added local variables as in (Defun C:XXX (/ x y z)..., in place of  (Defun C:XXX ()...

It's quite stable now except if I stretch a large number of entities in a big file without typing the "C" option - i.e. picking a spot on the screen to begin its own crossing window.

Occasionally it crashes on exit with no obvious problem and the offer to send the crash report to MSoft.

• I've noticed a couple of new grips problems with V10. If you grab a grip & toggle Ortho, the grips go away, so must re-grip. Also, If you grab a grip & toggle Polar, the grips remain, but there's no Polar line. I haven't filed a support request because I'd like to think that they're aware of something as obvious as this. Have also experienced an occasional crash with V10 out of the blue while just punching out linework; nothing fancy or huge selection sets or huge dwgs. Any major new release is sure to have a few problems and this one is no different. I remain hopeful.

• As a software developer it is very easy to overlook actions that a user might make particularly if you don't foresee all the applications someone might make with your product.   I would recommend filing a support request whenever you find a bug or an inconsistency! Having said that, it would be nice if the website had a bug forum or some way for users to see what support requests had been made? I know the bricsys team get sick of telling people to file a support request but it is counter productive to have to write about your problems twice i.e once to the development team when you file a support request and then in the forums to find out if anyone else has the same problem or a work around.  Bricsys's response time to support requests is exemplary however real work requires real time answers and sometimes it just isn't possible to wait for the next incremental upgrade to come out to fix a problem.  Just my humble opinion but I do think that there may be alternative ways to make the support request system more transparent and keep other users in the loop.

• My problems are not related to any lisp. We don't use any lisp other that the one which gives you the file tab. Could this be the problem? Regarding the file support believe me I have filed a lot of problems this way. This time thi thing is that I cannot reproduce so I cannot file anything to support.

• Is there a way we can create a debug log file that we can run in the background and send to Bricscad to assist with these non repeatable bugs?

I have an issue that crashes sometimes occur when panning with the mouse wheel button, but there are not repeatable. Might be a memory problem.

• @Matt: I have exactly the same anomaly with pan and can't get the reason.

• I had this problem too.  In my case I tracked it down to a problem with the flyover snap when it passed over a particular line type ( in my case a custom sewer line in an xref), it was fixed in the last update though. Which version are you using?  Also there is a file produced when bricscad crashes and should be found in the directory of the drawing you are working on.  I think this is turned on by default.

• Coming back to this, I still have this problem. Most of the users that have this problem have limited accounts. Crashes are also caused when we try to move entities by grabbing the hot grips.

because of these I cannot have enough trust to updated from V9 to V10 for the rest of the users.

This discussion has been closed.