Pspace Vport Layers

Am I doing something wrong (besides trying to earn a living at drafting)?

I make 2 or 3 vports  per layout in multiple layouts, then use Vplayer to freeze and thaw different layer combinations in each vport.

I thaw all layers in model space and all is as I want.

I close that file and come back to (sometimes) find some vports displaying correctly while others have all layers thawed - not the way I left the drawing.

Other times I can open a file and it is exactly as I closed it. I would appreciate any help. This has happened for a long time, not confined to V9 or V10.

Comments

• If the problem only occurs with drawings that contain xrefs try changing VISRETAIN setting to ON

• These are not xref files. I have experimented with visretain in xref'd files and wondered if it affected this problem.

Because of the arbitrary nature of the vport layer problem I was never quite sure if  visretain affected it as well.

• This is probably a dumb question, but... Are you restoring layer states that may be resetting the layersin the view ports?

Does this only happen in drawings with multiple view ports on multiple layouts? When this occurs does it always result in all layers being visible?

I generally only use one view port per layer and have multiple layout. To date I have not noticed this behaviour (at least not enough to notice) and I always have some subset of layers frozen in the view port.

Have you noticed this happen with a drawing you have not worked on for a while or just one you are actively working in?

I generally create a layer state for each view port (while model space is active) once I have the layer visibility  the way I want it just so I can fix my own messes when I do something I should not have. If you are not using layer states they may help you a little getting things back the way you want.

Hmmm... I was not much help!

• I certainly appreciate you trying, you never know what might come of suggestions.

It only seems to happen in one of the viewports in any one Layout, I don't think it happens where there is just one vport.

I use script files to freeze and thaw multiple layers within vports (vplayer....), another set to do the same in modelspace (layer....).

I'm not sure, but think it only happens as a file is closed. Because it's not something you instantly notice on opening a file or just before closing, it's hard to word a coherent set of circumstances or even a file in the representative/suitable state to make a support request. That's why I wanted to check if anyone else had a problem, or perhaps there is a setting to lock layer states in vports.

• I know this is an old thread, but I seem to have this problem too.  I have submitted my files to support...

This discussion has been closed.