v10.2.3 installation

Hi,

My Spybot-SD Resident application identified a process created by this version of Bricscad as PerfectKeylogger and recommended I terminate the process. Has anyone else seen this, and can Bricsys advise if this is a misidentification of the process? Spybot is free and can be found on Google.

Thanks

Jamie

Comments

• We most certainly won't install any spyware on your system, and we can confirm that the installers on our downloadsite have not been compromised. Please start by investigating whether the keylogger is actually present (follow procedure as described here for example: http://www.2-spyware.com/remove-perfect-keylogger.html). If it's present,it's not coming from Bricscad.

kind regards,

Alexander Van Heuverzwyn, Bricsys.

• I can only assume it was a misdetection. Spybot did point to the Bricsys installer as the issue and I terminated the process. Brcscad seemed to install OK. I have updated the detection rules for Spybot and ran a repair from the Bricscad installer and it did not flag again.

Just to confirm I was not suggesting this was a deliberate attempt to install a keylogger, but many websites get compromised and I just wanted to raise the issue.

Regards

This discussion has been closed.