Major problems with release V10.2.3

I've just finised installing V10.2.3 on a couple of workstations and to my huge surprise this realease is a major fault.

On one station I am able to open the application but if I wanna save it simply crashes to the desktop. On the other station I cannot even start the application. I get only a message that the application has encountered an error and needs to be closed. Very funny!

Bricsys: Do you guy tested this version before releasing it to us : the users?

Comments

• Do you have the DocTabs add-on installed ?

In that case, please upgrade to the latest version of DocTabs (1.0.3.5) , the previous version is incompatible with Bricscad V10.2.

You can download the upgrade from our application catalog at
    http://www.bricsys.com/common/applications/applicationlist.jsp

• I had experienced problems on one system I forgot to update the DocTabs on also. I do not have any bad feelings towards Bricsys though. Quite to the contrary, they were able to identify and help resolve the problem in record time.

I want to add a public Thanks! to the support team.

Greg

• Thanks on the quick solution. I will download new version of doc tabs and see if it works. For the moment the site is filtered but I filed a request. Sorry for being a bit harsh with you guys but you really took my by surprise :))

I do appreciate your efforts and support.

• In version 10.2.3 (trial) if i have "SELECTIONPREVIEW" with value 2 (0x0002), and after a "BREAK" command, the pick objects functionality select always the same object. I notice also the "Draw Order" toolbox have in this version a stranger behavior. Is this a problem mine or generalized?

Thank's

• Thanks for noticing and reporting the issue with selectionpreview, we will immediately look into it. Concerning the draw order toolbox that behaves strange, could you please file a support request and describe in more detail what is strange about it

• I can reproduce problems with the Draw Order toolbox. Thanks for reporting, you don't need to add a support request. I'll come back here as soon as I find out what's going on.

• The problem in the draworder toolbar is that processing of the pause symbol ('\') in menu macro's has changed in V10.2.3,  to be more compatible, but adapting these menu macro's accordingly was overlooked. This will be fixed in V10.2.4, scheduled to be released later this week.

• I'm glad someone else ran into the problem with selection preview.  I submitted a support request yesterday, and the tech said he couldn't duplicate the problem.  I notice the current version has updated - has this issue be corrected?

• I have just installed V10.2.5 hoping that a bug has been solved but it seems that was not. Overlooked?

When trying to bring to front an entity using comands from the draworder, the command launches but fails to read later inputs: Above/Under/Clear/Fron/<Back>.

Nothing works. I.e. if I press "F" for front the command goes to fillet. Is this happening to some other people or I do something wrong?

Thanks

• This bug was fixed in the default.cui file in V10.2.4. To be sure you're using the most recently installed version of default.cui, go to Customize and click the button 'Revert to defaults'. If this still doesn't solve the problem, please submit a support request.

• It solved the problem indeed  :)

Unfortunatelly I lost all my keyboard shortcuts  :(  

This discussion has been closed.