Linetypes

In 10.2.5 my vertical lines (with linetype other than continuous) all show as continuous, horizontal lines show their linetypes correctly.

Do others find the same?

I can cut and paste a vertical line and it will show correctly, until the next regen when it shows continuous again.

Comments

• My 10.2.5 is all good so it must be something other than the current build.

• I should say I reverted to 10.2.3 and they are all fine again.

• Strange, between 10.2.3 and 10.2.5 we didn't modify any code that seems related... still, I don't believe in miracles, so there must be a cause.

Does the problem also occur when using a new user profile?

As far as I understand it happens with no matter which drawing, not with just a few?

To rule out hardware issues (and if you happen to have a second computer available) : does this problem also occur when installing 10.2.5 on another computer?

• Hi John, my 10.2.5 displys linetypes fine, regardless of line direction. Maybe a slight hic-cup in the installation? I did need to change the SRCHPATH to point to v10 instead of v9 aftre the upgrade. I likely did between v8 & v9 but I can't remember and did not make note of it.

• Thank you all for replies.

I was having trouble with dimensions which had moved at about the same time as this trouble. Oh, and carriage returns which seem to have become at times more and at others less necessary, especially in lisps and am very busy, so I took the lazy way and asked here after reverting to the previous ver.

I have a support request about dims, which have behaved badly for some versions now as well as not fitting their text as neatly as they used to in V9 or v8.

I can try another computer for comparison.

I don't get user profiles, thought I could get through life without having to deal with them.

So I have a couple of things to try. At least I know it's not a known problem.

Just as a final check if someone doesn't mind comparing, these lines are about 20 metres long at 1000 Ltscale, linetype Center.

• As you came to mention dimensions:

10.2.4 does include a fix for leader lines: Greg Skelhorn pointed out that Bricscad applied DIMSCALE to the linetype of leader lines, while that is not supposed to happen, so we stopped doing so.

Are the vertical lines that give this trouble part of dimensions or leader lines? Perhaps you could file a support request and attach a sample drawing so we can try to reproduce the issue?

• Oh, I was not paying ebough attention to the leaders fix. I recall it was backed out when v10.2 came out of beta but have not tested v10.2.4 or later. I just took a quick look at the leaders with 10.2.6... I see there is still a problem with linetypes in leaders as viewed from paper space with LTSCALE=1 and PSLTSCALE=1. I have no time right now but will look into it more later and file a new support request.

My lines and aligned dimensions look to be fine in all tested orientations.

• No Hans, they are just plain lines. Sometimes multiple overlapping lines look continuous, but that's not the case. I make all my entitys' linetype and colour "Bylayer".

I could have checked a few more things such as what happens at different angles, but since 10.2.5 didn't seem to offer improvements for the few quibbles I have, I have a fair bit of work on and they display fine in 10.2.3 I intended making this casual inquiry and perhaps try a later update.

I can post the file to see how it looks to Bricsys.

This discussion has been closed.