menucmd not supported ?

I have a menugroup myapp, when trying to disable a menu or menuitem this does not seem to work. Is the menucmd function not supported ?

(menucmd "Gmyapp.ID_MNUmymenu1=~")

The ID i use is the correct one (checked it in customize dialog).

Comments

• It wasn´t supported in some older Versions (V6 ?) and only partially in V7 (no tablet-, screenmenu and such)

No problems so far with V10, it seems to works nicely.

• ok i'm using v10, did you test it, because i can't get it to work.

• I wouldn´t say that I tested it, I just gave it a go ...

From within LISP-command I use (menucmd "GjeTools10.ID_bhl20=!.") for checkmarks - this works.
    After your experience, I tried this (menucmd "GjeTools10.ID_bhl20=~") and the item was properly greyed out.

In this case I set the item-ID in a proper mns-file, I tried the same in the customize-dialog with
    an item-ID asigned by that cui-thing, ID is MM_00015, here´s what I found out :

(menucmd "GjeTools10.ID_MM_00015=") - nothing happens

(menucmd "GjeTools10.MM_00015=") - the item is now greyed out

I don´t know if you assigned the ID to your menu item, but, just out of curiousity, what happens if you try this

(menucmd "Gmyapp.MNU_mymenu1=~")

Good luck

• Thx,

I find out it seems to work for submenu's or command's but not for the pull-down menu itself. I have different modules and i want to grey out not authorized modules (=menu's). I splitted the menu's up now in partial CUI's and only authorized menu's are loaded, so there is no need to grey-out.

This discussion has been closed.