LSP reactor calling ARX function

hi,

i have profile drawing function that reacts when the profile path is changed. This callback function calls an ARX function. BCAD crashes when executing the ARX function...

I think it should be possible executing an ARX function from within LSP in a callback because it works flawlessly in ACAD .... ?  Or not ?

thx

Comments

• Btw the same ARX function is used to draw the profile the first time and this seems to work fine.

• I guess ACAD is just a little more bug tolerant. Got it to work now.

• Dear Dirk, I read that you fixed the problem ... however, it would be nice for us, to investigate what has caused the crashed;
    as you mentioned, if ARX is more tolerant, than our BRX (and Lisp etc.) should be tolerant as well ... most often, such cases discover some more serious problems;
    so it would be interesting to investigate ...

Can you give some hints how the original code was designed and/or a code sample, if possible ?

Many thanks and many greetings, Torsten

• Hello Torsten,

The problem was that the ARX function inserts an external header block for the profile drawing. This block couldn't be loaded because it wasn't there (path). BCAD crashed only when the function was executed in call-back. It worked fine when the function was executed in 'normal' mode. I don't think it is or was really a BCAD problem, just bad coding from me.

regards

Dirk

• Ok, in this case ... :-)
    Of course, for any problem, you know, we are here waiting for yuch bugs :-)

Many greetings, Torsten

• Again,thank YOU for your support and efforts.

This discussion has been closed.