elevation (Z value) problem when copying between two open drawings!

Hello,

I 'm using Bricscad 9.3.13 and have one question/problem:

when copying drawings from one open file to another, using just copy/paste option, elevation of PLINES is different on the original drawing and on the copied one  (also there is change in Z values for lines, circles, etc)!!!

so if default elevation is set to 0 and I copy that drawing to another open one (which also have elevation set to 0), some times the elevation of pasted drawing is not 0, but some other (for me) random value!!!

This is a problem when You try to use commands with intersection or PEDIT: PEDIT wouldn't combine two different PLINES with different elevations, or You can't see intersection mark, when You try to use that point for some action (new line ... ). But that is not rule!!!  Sometimes it works , and sometimes not?!?!

It is logical that they don't work because entities are not in the same plane, but trim or extend work perfect all the time!!

so I have two questions:

1. why is there a change in elevation (Z value) when copying between two open drawings?

2. why is there inconsistency in functionality of SNAP or PEDIT, for entities with different elevation or Z value?

note: I 'm using Bricscad for 2D drawing primarily, and all of this happened when using that kind of drawings!

Than You for any help!!!

ps I You think that this is a technical question or bug, please tell me so I can refer to relevant people!

Comments

• Could you please file a support request and attach a drawing to illustrate the problems you experience. We will be glad to investigate the issue and help you out.

Best regards.

• for Mr Hans De Backer,

I found answer to my first question. It seems that it's reported bug, so I can only wait until it's fixed!

For my other question after little experimenting, I found out that intersection command doesn't work in every case of different Z values.

So I do not need to file a support request!

Thank You for quick reply!

for Mr Evgeny Sosnovsky,

Thank You for directing me to a right place for finding answer to my / common problem!

PS just one note: it seems that there is no problem if You use copy with base point!!!

it might be useful to somebody!!!!

• Dear Sinisa Kolar,

if the problem you experience is indeed the one mentioned in the forum thread Evgeny refers to, I want to let you know it is solved since Bricscad V10.2.4. This specific problem occurred if one of the pasted entities had non-default lineweight, and lineweight display was active (LWDISPLAY = 1): in such case the entities were copied to a slightly larger Z-coordinate than their original location.

From your description I could not know for certain what exactly was going on, hence I asked to file a support request with a sample drawing.

Kind regards

This discussion has been closed.