Monochrome ctb is not printing in black and white!

I have only had this since changing to V10, but when I select monochrome.ctb some elements show on preview and print in their original colour.  Particularly dimensions, blocks and some text.  It is driving me mad. How do I get monochrome to print in monochrome!!!

I have posed this question here as it may not be a technical bug, just my incompetence....

Comments

• Please file a support request and attach the drawing and the ctb file you use, we will be glad to investigate and help you out.

One quick thing to verify: is the 'Plot with Plot Styles' checkbox set?

• Im having a similar problem. Not all my printers can be set to monochrome. Anyone else who has solved this. ( See conversation with support) 

Hi , not bug but a problem. I get drawings sent to me with lines defined in RGB. I normally use Styles to define pens and have setups for monocrome plotting. This is a problem when layers and lines are setup as random RGB. Could you make a MONO plot option??
    Thanks Patrik

Hi Patrik,

When color of entities is RGB plot styles will be ignored.

Perhaps you could plot to PDF than print it black and white.
    Or you could print to PDF file (use PDFCreator) as Black&White by checking it in:
    "Plotter configuration Editor" > "Settings" > "Custom Properties"

I hope this was helpful for you.
    Please let me know if i can be of any further assistance.

Kind regards,
    Codrut Dinca

We are 5 people here each printing numerous times a day. Starting to print intermediate files would be very timeconsuming. /Patrik

• Hi Patrik,

Most colour printers should have an option to set output to greyscale or similar. You can create a customised PC3 file from the print dialogue for this.

Alternatively under windows printers you can install the same printer again. Set one to colour, the other to greyscale. The benefit of this approach is that you can print in BW from any application not just BricsCAD.

Finally if neither the above work, you could try using using PDF Creator  http://www.pdfforge.org/. PDF creator has options to print the PDF after generation, and includes an option to print in mono.

Regards,

Jason Bourhill

CAD Concepts

• Jason thanks but in this case its a mono Canon laser that grayscales everything. The problem with RGB is that say a yellow line in greyscale will be virtually invisible.

I think I have solved it with help from support. Maybe someone else is interrested.

Maybe this will help:
    - command CONVERTCTB > select monochrome.ctb > save it as "monochrome_custom.stb" (use any name you want).
    For each drawing you want to print monochrome:
    - command "CONVERTPSTYLES" > "OK" > select the stb file from the previous step.
    - go to "Print" dialog and choose the stb you created.
    BricsCAD will now print in monochrome  / SUPPORT

Now having studied the old forum maybe I can convert all my CTBs and make a new empty STB template. Whenever i have a problem with RGB lines I copy all entities into the STB template. Seems to work / Patrik

• @ Patrick: your last post is actually a different problem. The solution you mention is an interesting one. But doesn't everything then print with the same line weight? Plus I would not want to mix STB and CTB drawings...

Attached is a Lisp file: RemoveTrueColorForCTB.lsp.
    Running this Lisp will remove all true colors from all objects in the dwg, allowing you to get monochrome prints using CTB.
  • Oops: something went wrong with the attachment:

RemoveTrueColorForMonochromeCTB(3).lsp

• Roy thanks again you are right. Unfortunately cant load your lisp it just says (LOAD "C:/....././..//./rmrgb.lsp")nil  .

Unable to find command RTC.

• SORRY tried to past the text in notepad. That was no good. Downloaded the file and it was OK. THANKS this will do it for me.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Click one of the buttons on the top bar to get involved!