Esnap overrides

In Autocad the statement

(command "_insert" symbol "PS" d_scale "MID,NEA" pause d_scale d_scale pause)

makes both midpoint and nearest osnaps active for the first pick point.  In Bricsys it appears that only the last esnap, in this case nearest, is active.  Is there a syntax that sets more than one esnap as an override in Bricscad?

Comments

• You've hit upon a bug. Apparantly BC10.2.10 doesn't handle MID+NEA correctly. If you only set MID+NEA (OSMODE=514) and then start any command you will find that NEA almost always completely overrides MID. Even if you move the cursor over a midpoint it is not found.

To test that it is not your code use:
    (command "_insert" symbol "PS" d_scale "MID,NEA,END" pause d_scale d_scale pause)
    This works fine: all three esnaps are found.

Question: PS seems to equal scale but what do the letters stand for?

• "PS" is preview scale, which sets the size of the preview image used when selecting insertion point and rotation.  My drawings are all model space only.  The d_scale is set by a lisp routine based on the drawing's scale.  For 1/8" the scale factor would be 96.  All my symbols are drawn for 1:1 scaling, so both the preview and the final image need to be scaled to match the drawing scale.

• why don't you use:
    (command "_insert" symbol "_scale" d_scale "MID,NEA" pause pause)

• I've used that code for at least 12 years.  I'm sure I copied the basic form from something I found online when I was converting my toolbar functions from diesel to lisp.  I'm sure there are many things in my toolbox I'd write differently today, but as long as the code works there is very little reason to change the code.

• My setting for osmode is usually 759, with that setting I can choose a midpoint as insertion point
    with no problem, set osmode to 514 and it wouldn't work, very strange, support request ?

I frequently draw lines perpendicular to xlines and I observed that NEA completely overrides PERPEND,
    though it does not override INTERS and I find that snap tracking is often having a hard time finding
    endpoints for instance.

This discussion has been closed.