Change Order of Attributes in a Block

How do you change the order in which attributes in a block appear in the attribute list?

Comments

• When you make the block you select the attributes one by one in the desired order.

• The problem is that the block is an external dwg, there is nothing to select.

Isn't there a script that can sort attributes alphabeticall?

That way I could sort the attributes by naming conventions, ie 1name, 2place, 3date, ....

• If the block is an external dwg you can two things:

1. Of course you can insert the block, explode and recreate.

2. Open the external dwg. Move all attriutes to one side. Then copy them one by one and in the correct oder to their oiginal location. Erase original attributes and save.

• Option 2. looked good to me.

I tried this and it worked fine when the block was inserted into a new drawing. However, in those drawings where the block was previously present, the order of the attributes remains unchanged, although the block definition was replaced. I guess here I would need to delete all block references, purge the block and then start from fresh. Of course all attribute input would be lost.

Isn't there a better way of doing this?

• Simon,

Rakesh Rao's reply to my post here http://forum.bricsys.com/discussion/11867 might help.

Regards

Jamie

•  

Hi Simon, Jamie,

To be able to re-order the attributes of a block easily is indeed a good productivity tool for Bricscad users. I would not mind creating one such tool and adding it to our GeoTools collection. Stay tuned. It should be in there sooner than later.

Regards
    Rakesh Rao
    Coordinate Systems, Bangalore
    www.coordsys.com

This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Click one of the buttons on the top bar to get involved!