Blocks

Hi All,

If I have a block defined in a drawing and then use drawing explorer to bring a block into the drawing of the same name, I am warned of the conflict and asked to confirm if I want to replace the block. If I confirm the replacement the block references within the drawing are lost, i.e. the newly imported block does not take the place of the existing blocks. Is this right? I would expect the new block to be positioned where the originals of the same name were. Ideally attribute values with the same attribute names would be carried across as well, with any additional attributes taking on the default values from the block definition.

Thoughts?

Jamie

Comments

• Sounds like a bug to me. The the inserts are still there but are not displayed correctly. Saving closing and re-opening the destination drawing shows everything as expected for me. I know using the  insert command will work as expected for now.

You should file a support request.

• Thanks Greg. I'm just surprised at such a basic bug getting past the pre-release testing, some of which I understand is automated. I have a few open support requests relating to blocks already, but I feel that Bricsys resource is being focussed on API's and programmatic automation. The needs of the little people like me seem to be being put on a back burner at the moment. It probably makes commercial sense as I guess they need to get the heavyweight features working to get the multi-seat licence sales.

Jamie

• I find Bricsys have been very responsive to support request from the little people (I am one...) so I send them in when I encounter an issue. I agree it seems the turn-around time is a little longer lately. This is likely due to the huge push towards being able to release Bricscad on Linux (running natively) and once that milestone is achieved I expect the focus will be back on user and third party developer support.

Keep reporting! :-)

This discussion has been closed.