Dynamic blocks

One of the best features of ACAD. I see they're treated as blocks by Bricscad, but what about the dynamic part? Are scaling, rotation, attributes maintained?

Comments

• Yes dynamics blocks are very big PLUS for aCAD.

I primary using BC, but when I need drawing Multilines or make schematic diagram QUICK and COMFORT I still must use ACLT.

I ask for dynamics blocks many times but never got answer.

(We have ACLT legally, but when Thorsten Moses must stop developing LTE, I simple switch to BC. This two thing (ML+DB) is most missing features in BC).

• @Jurjaj: isn't it true that you can use Dynamic blocks in LT, but you need the full version to create them? Or am I misinformed?

• @Roy Klein Gebbinck: No, from 2009LT is full support for DB.

• Very unusual to ask BC anything and not receive an answer.

Have you asked autodesk when they will provide enough features so you don't have to resort  to BC?

• @John Gaunt: Immediately when LTE was stopped and Thorsten offered crossupgrade coupon to BC, I made use of it. I buy v9. Immediately when was released v10 i buy upgrade to v10. I'm glad to use BC. Communication, support (also without All-in) and care from Bricsys is high and I'm very glad ...much better then Autodesk. This is one of reason why I buy and choose BC. Always when I can, I use BC. It can be ca. 90% (rest is ML and DB). I just say what I miss in BC.

• ...and we have subscription for 2009LT. I have box with 2010LT on table, install it, but never activating it. Because I'm already in use and I want to use BC.

• Hello, we have released a new add on product for Bricscad called Parametric2D, for adding parametric constraints to Bricscad drawings. You can find more information about it at http://www.3dbrains.com/Parametric2D.html, or on the Bricsys application area. Its got a convenient tool palette which you can use to add relational constraints like parallel, perpendicular, etc and dimensional constraints like length, radius, etc. I suppose this should satisfy your requirements for dynamic blocks, and probably help you do much more than you could with dynamic blocks!

• Helpfile or simple tutorial how it works?

• You can download the tutorial from the Bricsys Application area http://www.bricsys.com/common/applications/application.jsp?app=327&apploc=518 under "Documentation".

• Hi Shyam Rao,

Your Parametric2D routine is very nice. Well done!

• Thank you very much for your kind words, Daniel!

• Thanks. Now I see how it works. But I need FLIP, VISIBILITY, LOOKUP, STRETCH, ARRAY.

At any case, nice extending for BC.

• I'll have a look as soon as I can. From the documentation it sounds more like the new parametric constraints in AC 2010 - this is not DB's it's something operating on entities themselves (however it can also be used inside DB's to add extra functionality to the Parameter & Action groups). If it also has the same functionality as Dynamic Blocks since 2006, then I'm interested. If it interoperates with DB's from ACad (i.e. Open a DB and edit it, then have it work in AC) then I'm sold.

I'm just a bit sceptical. A DB has dimension-like parapeters, lookup tables & visibility states - which are linced to actions like strwtch, move, array, rotate & scale. This then shows some grip-points on each block reference placed - allowing for the relevant modification (also as properties in the properties palette). When one of these are changed, the block is duplicated to an unamed block, the actions performed on its internals & the reference set to the new unnamed block. Further the block has a new ActiveX property called EffectiveName which links to the original definition. Nowhere in your documentation do I see such things.

• Shyam, although your routine comes close to the newer constraints in ACad (not as graphically usuable as ACad's, but close) ... it doesn't pertain to anything dynamic in blocks at all. So unfortunately I think here is something which BCad is still light years behind.

This discussion has been closed.