Printing Problem

Hello all.

I have Bricscad 9.3.13 (+MDT 5.3) in a WinXP SP3 Desktop.

We bought a new printer. - HP Officejet 7000 (with HP win xp driver and software version:12.0)

Problem:

Bricscad works fine until getting to the print stage.

- The Print Preview craches bricscad, won't respond (win xp and other aplications works fine);

- If Ii setup all the print, skip the preview, and jump to the print, it takes about 20 minutes (or more) for the printer start printing something.

Thanks, Miguel.

Comments

• Hello Miguel,

if you want someone of the Bricscad team to look into this then please file a Support Request and attach a sample file.

Kind regards

• Wen you say "attach a sample file" what do you mean?

Send a file of mine in witch that happens?

Thanks

• Indeed, a drawing that is known to trigger the crash during print preview.

Please also mention in the SR if the problem only occurs with the HP driver or with other printers too.

Kind regards.

• Hello Hans De Backer.

Thank you for the quick replyes.

This problem that i am reporting, is only with this printer (HP Officejet 7000).

We use also other printers like Epson and HP, but only the HP Officejet 7000 that we bought now is doing this.

And it is not a file that trigger's it.

This problem with this printer (HP Officejet 7000) happens with every file, even the templates that came with bricscad.

We first noticed the problem wen i finished the instalation of the new printer (HP Officejet 7000), and to see the quality of the printer, i tried printing a file that was created and printed in bricscad before the printer.

What should i do?

Thanks

• Please file a support request, it will be assigned to an analyst who will try to find out what causes the trouble. Recently this has become more difficult because some printer driver installers now require that the printer be physically attached to the machine in order to be able to install it...

Anyway, we'll do the best we can!

• Hello Miguel,

Your problem sounds similar to the one I've reported using Bricscad V10.  I've had the print preview delay occur with several printers of various brands.  I found that if I unchecked the "Save changes to layout" plot option and select the "Use plot settings from previous plot" setting the preview delay stops, and the print preview will appear within a few seconds.  If you have those options available in the V9 print setup, you might want to try this and see if it works.  The downside is you'll have to check the plot settings for every drawing since they aren't being saved.  I don't print a lot of drawings, so it doesn't bother me.  At least it's a workaround for the short term.

If it does work for you too, you should let support know.

Good Luck,

Dave Laviana

This discussion has been closed.