Draw a line at a relative angle

I'm new to Bricscad, though I've had a fair amount of experience with other programs. (never AutoCAD).

But I'm stumped. I want to draw a line a line at an angle reletive to an existing line.  In other words, I want my new line to form an 85 deg angle with an existing line of, say 114.56 deg.

When I choose "angle" when creating a line, it seems to only be an absolute angle - 90 deg is always straight up/down.

Am I missing an option?  Or not looking for the right name in the tools?

Or do I have to measure the angle of the existing line and use a calculator to figure out the absolute angle of my new line?

Comments

• Without the aid of some customisation, the best way I think to do that would be draw the second line over the first (snapped to it), then Rotate the second line.

• Oh!

I've found BricsCad to be more powerful than any of the programs I've used before I guess I just expecting it would do everything!

Your work around should be usable, and I had not thought of doing that. Thanks. *smile*

• You can also temporarily align the coordinate system with the existing line:
    ucs > enity > click the line near one of the endpoints

To reset the ucs:
    ucs > world

This discussion has been closed.