Bricscad for Linux alpha 10.3.6

Hello All,

<p>        <a href="../../open/common/download.jsp?p=B4L&amp;l=en_US&amp;site=1" title="http://www.bricsys.com/open/common/download.jsp?p=B4L&amp;l=en_US&amp;site=1">Bricscad for linux alpha 10.3.6</a> is now available.    </p>    <p>        - Fixed opening the hatch dialog.<br />        - Implemented commandline options. On linux, commandline options start with a dash &quot;-&quot;. <br/>On windows a slash &quot;/&quot; is allowed too, but on linux a slash is reserved for specifying a file to open by its full path.<br />        - Fixed showing index colors in the color dialog.<br />        - Improvements in the lisp engine:<br />        - echo the results of a Lisp command C:XXX to the command line<br />        - fixed: (vla-xxx) and (vlaxx-xxx) functions returning a VLA object &quot;by reference&quot; could fail, due to an initialisation problem.<br />        - Added support for keyboard shortcuts.<br />        - Fixed adding a group from the group dialog.<br />        - Various fixes in Drawing explorer to prevent crashes.<br />        - Fixed crash in property grid when the 'contents' field of an mtext object is clicked.<br />        - In the status bar, update the OSNAP states when osmode is changed.<br />        - Update the layer combobox when the current drawing is changed.<br />        - Improved speed of dynamics, temporary graphics.<br />        - Layout tabs: clicking on the layout tabs to change the active layout now works. On some systems, display problems remain.<br />        - Fixed the storage of column widths, view type settings in the drawing explorer.<br />        - Improved truetype font support.    </p>    <p>        Greetings<br />        Tijs    </p>

Comments

• thank you 

let it to test :)

• a bit play is

- Fixed opening the hatch dialog.

this work, but hatch pattern is not displayed

- Implemented commandline options. On linux, commandline options start with a dash "-".
    On windows a slash "/" is allowed too, but on linux a slash is reserved for specifying a file to open by its full path.

I'm miss what did you mean.

but

./bricscad.sh /fullpath/mytest.dwg

is open it :)

- Added support for keyboard shortcuts.

yes, but working strange. and looks like problem with focus.

- Various fixes in Drawing explorer to prevent crashes.

it more stable but I got some crashes right now

- On some systems, display problems remain.

I have one

<p>        &gt; /sbin/lspci | grep VGA    </p>    <p>        00:02.0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation 82G33/G31 Express Integrated Graphics Controller (rev 02)    </p>    <p>        &gt; glxinfo | grep render<br />        direct rendering: Yes<br />        OpenGL renderer string: Mesa DRI Intel(R) G33 GEM 20090712 2009Q2 RC3 <br />        (I will test on laptop ATI Xpress1100 later)<br />        - Improved truetype font support.<br />        yes but I still has a speed problem when zooming with truetype text selected<br />        looks like you broke true type work with cyrilic letters. In previous version it worked squares displayed (sometimes ther was normally displayed text, for now it is completely broken). Now no cyr letters with truetype font, even with Liberation or MS true type fonts.<br />        PS<br />        dimensioning still not developed a bit :(<br />        But still god job :) thank yoou for your good work. wait for next &quot;release&quot;<br />    </p>

• Hello all.

I am wondering if anyone can point me to a way to use additional .shx fonts.

Thanks.

• juxt copy it to font folder

cp some.shx /fullpath/to/BricsCAD/fonts/

something like that :)

then restart BricsCAD

• The screen flickers a lot (at least with compiz), when moving mouse over canvas.

The bottom layout tabs bar is drawn _on top_ of canvas, but it shouldn't be. This way it wouldn't flicker on every redraw.

• After save drawing - to open then does not want.

*** glibc detected *** ./bricscad: malloc(): memory corruption: 0xe49cdb38 ***

On the former I observe the message

(bricscad:7470): Gdk-CRITICAL **: gdk_drawable_get_depth: assertion `GDK_IS_DRAWABLE (drawable)' failed

At any operation I see two cursors (true and its static copy).

I draw a line. The first point, SHIFT + the right button, I select an option and why that jumps out the menu of customisation of the interface.

At a choice of objects by "Window" or "Cross-window" the frame that is drawn that not drawn. And the corner lags behind the cursor.

• @Andrey

I know that is the approach with a typical BricsCAD installation. 

I am not finding a fonts directory for this Linux alpha. I've tried copying an entire fonts directory into the working .../V10/en_US folder but with no success.

I had presumed that a handful of fonts is hard-coded into the libraries included with the alpha package.  But I was hoping there was an easy workaround.

• oops I have fogotten about little trick, that I made.

I am copy

cp -r ~/.wine/drive_c/Program Files/Bricsys/Bricscad V10/Fonts ~/bin/BicsCAD/fonts

you can create it

mkdir /path/to/BricsCAD/fonts

and copy all your shx fonts here

and you should sheck if your fonts folder in  ACADPREFIX variable

here is my example

: set

Variable name or ? : ?

Variable(s) to list <*>: ACADPREFIX

ACADPREFIX       "/home/%USER%/bin/BricsCAD/Bricsys/Bricscad/V10/en_US/support/; /home/%USER%/bin/BricsCAD/support/; /home/%USER%/bin/BricsCAD/fonts/; /home/%USER%/bin/BricsCAD/help/en_US/" (Read Only)

• Download is good, every time I open the program it tells me it cant find default.pgp. I found the file, but how do I ensure that bricscad can find it. Any suggestions?

• Andrey,

Once I addressed the fact that directory paths in Linux are case sensitive your directions worked perfectly.

Thank you so very much.

I continue to grow more and more excited about this product - especially in the Linux environment where users provide support on issues like this for each other so readily.

• @Chad Wade

Did you unpack the new version to a different directory other than that for the old one? If so, try to delete the file .Bricscad in your home directory. Then start bricscad again with the appropriate shell-script of that version you want to use.

• Good evening

The advances are becoming more interesting.

Some bottlenecks remain.

2 Cross often appear on the display.
    When I click the right button it is a table (with command bar, status bar, properties bar, BRICSCAD, customize). It's possible remove it, recalling the moment in which it might serve?
    Often, by moving the text and hatchs, you leave traces or trails around (I would say that is a display issue).
    And in the end, when we will quote and print our dwg?

Opened a 3.7 MB file, moving some object, it crash.

Thank you and keep it up, but no more crash :))

• nice... downloading for testing......

andrey... i use opensuse too... this is my email so we can compare

isak.sr@gmail.com

• 3 things... model/paperspace tabs not shown (they are there, i can switch but cant see them)

when i right click to repeat a command i got the toolbar menu (?)

if i select some entities and press DEL command erase doesnt work...

• @ Isaac Salgado: Layouts tabs works great for me, DEL doesn't work, ENTER or SPACE repeat the last command, right click got the toolbar menu (but if continue clicking repeat the command)

@ Cielito Lindo: 2 Cross often appear on the display. No problem moving text or hatch, but I remeber have this problem with older alpha.

• " model/paperspace tabs not shown (they are there, i can switch but cant see them)"

Try clicking the 'grid' tab on and off.

• yes they appear doing that... but once i click on the model space again they dissappear...

• I have the same problem with layout/model

To use: "Try clicking the 'grid' tab on and off." switches it on but they disappear if you click one of them.

Has anyone made a bug report on this?

-> I would be good if we could see the bug report list to avoid posting the same bug twice.

• Until the alpha turns into a beta the Bricsys team aren't accepting any bug reports so if you can't see it in the forum then it hasn't been tabled.  I would guess that they do take note of feedback on the forum so that is probably the best place to voice concerns/thoughts/ideas for the present.

• I note that the model/layout tabs show up as I click on any of the status bar toggles (snap / grid / ortho / etc)

And they consistently toggle off when the cursor is clicked in the working area of the screen.

Regarding bug reports, while the package is still in alpha and there isn't a formal reporting process, we can continue to post notices of issues and workarounds to this thread. 

I'm sure that both are going to be helpful to the folks doing the actual programming.  They clearly are monitoring the thread, as they respond from time to time.

It may be that as we work through some issues, it will be beneficial to them, and ultimately help the package to move forward more quickly in a typical linux environment way. (where experience is more freely shared for the benefit of all involved)

• When I insert a new layer in the drawing-Explorer - layers it is not shown in the list of layers in the Entity Properties. Only after having drawn a line and edit its properties, appears in the list of layers in the file.

When we import and work with images? And when we use the size and printing Bricscad?

Regards

• It is expected to have a 64 bits version?

• Great release, this one. I actualy can draw something with this release. I drew a scetch of something my brother had to make for me. And it worked. The only thing was that when i tried to put dimensions in the drawing, bricscad crashed.

Earlyer when i tried Bricscad for Linux alpha 10.3.3, i wrote something about it on my dutch blog: http://www.emielvanrossum.nl/bricscad-voor-linux/

Keep up the good work!!!!

• Yes the dimension command does not function. Previous releases booted me right out, but this one gives an error only.

• @ Emiel van Rossum

Funny, I just posted my review on my blog too!

Here it is in English (it's also available in French): Review of Bricscad For Linux Alpha

And here's a gallery with 18 screenshots: Bricscad For Linux Gallery

P.S. A note to Bricsys people: couldn't the font default size in this forum be a little bigger? Right now it's so small on a 100dpi LCD it's difficult to read! Thanks!

• Unable to switch between two open files with and without ctrl+tab. In previous alpha version it was possible. Unable to copy and paste between tho open files.

• @ Cielito Lindo

I can swich between two open files, but not with Ctrl-Tab. Confirm Copy and Paste don't work.

• I opened a 2.5 MB file. I selected some (many) objects to remove them. Bricscad crashed releasing the following message: Bricscad:

Fatal IO error 11 (Resource temporarily unavailable) on X server: 0.0. Segmentation fault (core dumped).

Then I opened the same file, I performed the same operation and has been successful.

Still display problems, especially when you have to select objects and hatchs. The screen is filled with trails and you can no longer work. We must abandon the operation or groped a pan or refresh.

I am a little sad for the crash, but confident.

This discussion has been closed.