DWF reader for linux

<!-- @page { margin: 2cm } P { margin-bottom: 0.21cm; page-break-before: auto } P.western { so-language: en-GB } P.cjk { font-size: 10pt } -->

Because lot of developer send there plans in .dwf format and I must use Free DWG viewer by Bravia with wine. (for linux I m do not seeing anything else)

But viewing is to slowly without acceleration.

Graebert GmbH with his ARES CAD make version for Linux with DWF reading.

Thank for answer.

Comments

• Bricscad (Alpha) open dwg files. It's VERY fast.

• Im using alpha version for dwg. But this post is about .dwf

• Hello Dusan,

I hope that you won't mind my blogging about your troubles.

You can read it here if you're interested. I'll keep you informed if anyone comes forward with a solution in my blog.

I wasn't sure you'd care seeing your name posted in my blog so I didn't name you, and linked to this thread.

Regards

BTW I tried a free Windows batch translation program, FocusCAD DWG-DXF-DWF to PDF. It installs with Wine with an error for some DLL not being registered, opens fine but in the end doesn't work.

• @ Dusan

Yes, now Bricscad for linux not opens DWF, but I belive that will open soon.

• today I have the same problem. I found some usefull stuff on the net in dwf (design web format) (nor dwg or dxf, stop talking about QCAD it could not open dwf)

I could not even look at it without windows :(

from link above i found that freewheel maybe good solution, but if I have no internet connection?

I am asking myself a question why nobody can make dwf viewer for linux? even if dwf toolkit from autodesk is free(of charge?)

This discussion has been closed.