Bricscad for Linux alpha 10.3.10

Hello All,

Bricscad for linux alpha 10.3.10 is now available.

changes:

- It's now possible to open dxf and dwt files.
- Fixed position of color pane in the status bar.
- Added spell checking support for Linux.
- Fixes related to opening/closing a document:
    - Fixed a crash on closing all documents.
    - On opening an already opened document, the question "Do you want to revert to the last saved version?" is asked.
        Fixed "yes" answer.  Mind that the "no" answer does not activate the document yet.
    - On closing a changed file, the question "Do you want to save changes to document?" is asked.  Fixed answers "yes" and "cancel".
        Previously "cancel" left ddcad in an unusable state and answering "yes" generated an empty file.
- Fixes to temporary graphics: Temporary graphics were not updated when the CIRCLE command was selected from the menu or when editing a point was initiated from the properties bar.  Mind that crosshair cursor flicker is not eliminated yet.
- Various adjustments to improve compatibility of storing/retrieving settings between Windows and Linux, for instance:
    - Fixed some memory leaks.
    - On windows some settings are stored as the default value of a registry key.  On linux, there was no equivalent. Fixed.
- Various adjustments to improve compatibility of paths between windows and linux, for instance conversions between slash and backslash in paths.
- Fixed a memory overrun in the lisp engine when calling (load "name.lsp").

A Bricscad for Linux RSS feed has been created.
To receive notification for subsequent versions, you can subscribe to this RSS feed.
It is also possible to access the Bricscad for Linux RSS feed as html page.

Greetings
Tijs

Comments

• Now we have images in our files but very slow work.

• Wow! You do listen. :-)

Thx for the font size, and the RSS feed is a good idea for those who don't monitor the forum.

Now to download and try out this release. ;-)

• In the menu View > Define View, no matter what value I enter for Distance to target, the perspective always stays the same.

But I guess this should not be high on the priority list right now! Still it is nice to have perspective view and shademode active. A pity we can't print yet. ;-)

@ Tijs you've mentioned "temporary graphics" again and it puzzles me. Does that mean you are not using the final rendering engine at this stage of development?

• - It's now possible to open dxf and dwt files. - .DWF ?

- Added spell checking support for Linux. - using aspel/myspel from system? (for better work with all supported language in linux systems, not only what you want  supporting in bricscad)

• @Normand

With "temporary graphics" I mean non-persistent graphics.  For instance, during the circle command, after choosing a center point, a "temporary" circle follows the mouse pointer.  That visible circle is not an object in the drawing yet.  Perhaps it would be more obvious to use the name "non-persistent graphics" in the future.

• Bricscad wrong. I updated my nvidia graphics card drivers to the latest nvidia drivers and Bricscad can no longer go. Since I updated the drivers was very Hamlet with the files on which I had already worked. Then the screen turned black. I had to reboot the pc and now Bricscad can not leave.

Does anyone know what happened?

• >Bricscad wrong

sweet philosophy. I have open drivers from intel and ati and I have no such problem.

• Still have these error messages on startup Ubuntu 9.10 64 bit

Same  on two different computers, also boolean operation of solids is not working, could be related.

Anyone else have seme problem?

et@et-desktop:~/BricscadForLinux-10.3.10-1-en_US$ ./bricscad.sh
    /usr/lib/gio/modules/libgvfsdbus.so: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS64
    Failed to load module: /usr/lib/gio/modules/libgvfsdbus.so
    /usr/lib/gio/modules/libgioremote-volume-monitor.so: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS64
    Failed to load module: /usr/lib/gio/modules/libgioremote-volume-monitor.so
    /usr/lib/gio/modules/libgiogconf.so: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS64
    Failed to load module: /usr/lib/gio/modules/libgiogconf.so

(bricscad:2378): Gdk-CRITICAL **: gdk_drawable_get_depth: assertion `GDK_IS_DRAWABLE (drawable)' failed

• <!-- @page { margin: 2cm } P { margin-bottom: 0.21cm } -->

I now.  I want lot of things for few money but reading .DWF and export/import vector drawings as .SVG will be very cool.

• - Added spell checking support for Linux. - it using hunspell.  Perfect!

• "and export/import vector drawings as .SVG will be very cool"

+1

• Pardon. now / know

• @ Tijs

I understand. Thanks for clrearing that out!

+2

• Still have these error messages on startup Ubuntu 9.10 64 bit

Same  on two different computers.

~/Escritorio/BricscadForLinux-10.3.10-1-en_US$ ./bricscad.sh
    Fallo de segmentación

+3

and more:

• in Modify toolbars Extend/Stretch missing Stretch
    • on ubuntu 10.04 Lucid beta1 when I try to launch bricscad I get this:  

graziano@graziano-laptop:~/BricscadForLinux-10.3.10-1-en_US$ ./bricscad.sh
    exec: 3: ./bricscad: not found

bye

g

• ok was simple :) on ubuntu 10.04 (beta 1) You must be superuser to start brics..on macbook with cpu intel T7400 and video card 943/940GML Express Integrated Graphics Controller Brics run fine except annoying lower bar of "model-layout" flickering when you move the mouse

I think depends on the state of beta of videocard driver for ubuntu lucid

bye

• Tooltips places over flyout when toolbars are vertical

• Fillet and Divide are missing too in Modify toolbar

• what about cyrillic?

• Hi Guys,

I have my launcher working Ok, but it starts with a new drawing. I want to associate .dwg extensions to open all dwg files with Bricscad with a double click.

I've tried all kinf of parameters, but it just doesn't work.

Can anyone help?

Regards

Cristóbal

This discussion has been closed.