Rendering in Bcad

Does Bricscad support any version of Accurender? Any other good renderers?

Comments

• Check out 'Kerkythea' on the internet.  You'll need to convert you drawing file (*.dwg) to a 3d studio format (*.3ds) but there are solid file converters for this for under $100. 

Kerkythea is free at this time and it also has compatibility and sharing capabilities with Sketch-Up which has a free version available........

• babel3d.com  free online file converter between:

3DS , DXF , DWG , 3DM , SKP , IGES, STEP, OBJ

• I tried babel3d but it seems they don't accept dwg nor dxf...

Anyway, Larry did you try saving in brix to dxf then import the file from another render free app like blender?

• Bricscad V11 Pro has a built-in Redway 3d raytrace renderer, materials etc.

• The Redway rendering engine in V11 is very much a welcome step forward. The user interface is still kind of awkward but the hooks all seem to be there and I'm confident Bricsys will continue to improve the integration. Changing light settings, for example, requires selecting the light in the drawing and then bringing up its properties sheet. Not sure that's the cleanest way.

That said, I still keep my old copy of Bricscad V7 Pro around (so far) for those occasions when I need to do a rendered illustration for a presentation or publication. The Redway engine does seem to have more capability than the V7 engine, though, so maybe I'll finally be able to let V7 rest in peace.

• Hi !

I have no clue as to where you find any settings regarding the rendering.

All I can find is flat or goraud. Can someone give me a hint?

I still run 7 in production as I find it much more sleek.

Patrik

• I don't see anything different regarding rendering either. Still have the same (2) options: hide & shade.

• Tim, Patrick, have you looked in the drawing explorer under materials.  Here you can define the materials and then set them in the properties palette under materials when you select an object.  Sorry it I misinterpret as I haven't had any real use for rendering in the past.

• For those of you still searching for the Render icons on the toolbars, they do appear on the available commands if you do a right-click Customize | Toolbars | Rendering | Insert Tool, where they can be added to the existing Render toolbar, if desired. Note that a couple of the commands do return a "Not supported yet" exception.

Also the Release Notes from V11 indicate that one may enter a "render" command directly on the command line.

• Richard I inserted those tools on the render toolbar, but all the commands returned "not supported yet".

• Can anyone provide a quick tutorial on how to use the new Real-Time Rendering in Briccad V11?

This discussion has been closed.