Custom line style not used in layouts

Hi,

To better understand line types and how they are scaled, I created a custom line type and attached it to some layer.

In my drawing, one polyline should use this line type as it is set "ByLayer".

What I observe is that the new line type is attached to the "Model" view, but the "Layout" continues displaying the previous line type.

I tried the REGEN and REDESS commands, but the old line type stays in the layouts.

For the tests, my custom line type is very simple:

*SOUTERRAIN,souterrain _ _
A,10,-10,10

Thanks for any help.

Comments

• I did several tests with other linetypes and the problem remains : the displayed linetype in the viewport located in paperspace remain the one that was set originally.

N.B. To be fully sure, I verified that the viewport was not locked.

• Does the custom linetype display continuous in paperspace? If yes, I think the PSLTSCALE (paperspace linetype scale) system variable might solve the problem: can you try setting this variable OFF?

• No, the line does not display continuous in paper space.
    It keeps a "dash dot dash dot ..." style, while the new style should be "dash dash dash ...".

I observed another strange thing : my drawing has a "Road names" layer that contains text elements.
    This layer color is red. The color of the text elements is "ByLayer".
    I made a copy of these elements that I moved to another layer, which color is yellow.
    In the Model tab, the moved elements are displayed in yellow (as expected since their color is ByLayer).
    However, in the viewport of the layout tab, the copied elements are still displayed in red. 
    Elements in the layouts kept their original settings (color, line type, ...).

Strangely, my drawing has another layout which updates correctly.
    I checked the variables of both viewports and they appear being set the same way.
    The "lock display" is set to "false" for the both viewports.

(The paperspace linetype scale is set to OFF.)

• Solved !

Found the culprit : for the problematic layout, the "Display plot styles" (Afficher styles de tracé) was checked.
    This caused display problems because of the styles defined in the named styles table (.stb file).

;-)

This discussion has been closed.