Intersection Snapping on Polylines

This does not seem to work right. You can have just a single polyline and use the intersection snap and just pass over the polyline and it will go to the begining of the line.This is not really that big of a deal except when you have anouther line intersecting close by one of the vertex's. It won't grab where the line is intersecting the polyline but will grab ahold of the vertex end instead.Can someone explain why this is happening and if it is a bug can we get it fixed.Currently using version .027Thanks

Comments

• This occures when any osnap mode is on. If you turn off all osnaps then you will find it no longer will look for PLINE end points. Not that that is a big help but something I noticed. Intellicad has been aware of this bug since at least V2.2.0019. I told them about it then.Templeton

• I don't use running osnaps, it will even do this when you right click then select the snap or even if you type "INT" in after the command.

• I reported months ago that when using the intersection snap when measuring lines or performing other functions I sometimes had very strange results. I think it is related to the polylines as you mentioned. If I have a topographic layer that is turned on (these are usually all polyline entities) the system seems to lock up because there are too many possible entities and it "confuses" the program. I am not sure if this is how it works but there is definitely a problem and it still exists with v27.

• In general snaps in Intellicad seem to work rather akwardly. I have discovered that the best way it functions is by not using the "screen"object snap and rather typing the "int" or "end" etc... It works beautifully with a digitizing tablet configured with the osnaps through the command (set_tabletGridItem..... etc.)

This discussion has been closed.