Global Scale Factor

How do you set the Global Scale Factor in bricscad ?

Comments

• I am not sure what is meant by global scale factor but the scales I use are:

LTSCALE which is the linetype scale factor

DIMSCALE which is the overall scale factor applied for dimensions

HPSCALE is the hatch pattern scale

PSVPSCALE controls the default scale paperspace viewports are created with.

if that is any help.

Also, if you use several different viewport scales and want the same line pattern scale in all, try setting PSLTSCALE=1

• LTSCALE was the one I needed so Thank you Greg! :)

(was listening to http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oWTRG5ucwaE while posting)

• Mike
    edited August 2019

New convert from Autocrap software here. This has been a minor annoyance since switching over to Brics, with all of the benefits of course far outweighing the few minor issues we've had this week. At any rate, there's no way to globally set the scale values for all of these? This was something easily done in Civil/AutoCAD, and seems like a very basic feature.

• @Mike said:
    This was something easily done in Civil/AutoCAD, and seems like a very basic feature.

Maybe you are referring to Annotation Scale.
    See https://help.bricsys.com/hc/en-us/articles/360006625073-Annotation-Scales and https://help.bricsys.com/hc/en-us/articles/360006624753-Annotative-Entities

• @Louis Verdonck said:

@Mike said:
    This was something easily done in Civil/AutoCAD, and seems like a very basic feature.

Maybe you are referring to Annotation Scale.
    See https://help.bricsys.com/hc/en-us/articles/360006625073-Annotation-Scales and https://help.bricsys.com/hc/en-us/articles/360006624753-Annotative-Entities

No, I'm referring to all of the scales. Dimscale, annotation scale, LT scale, etc. We do drawings at many different scales, and having to set them all individually for every plan we do would not only make things very tedious, but also introduce too much possibility for user error, i.e. forgetting to set one or more of them.

• @Mike said:
    No, I'm referring to all of the scales. Dimscale, annotation scale, LT scale, etc. We do drawings at many different scales, and having to set them all individually for every plan we do would not only make things very tedious, but also introduce too much possibility for user error, i.e. forgetting to set one or more of them.

How do you do that in autocad? The only thing I found with a google search for "autocad global scale factor" was this at Autodesk Knowledge Network:

Global Scale Factor

The global scale factor affects the appearance of all the linetypes in the drawing. You can set the global scale factor by changing the LTSCALE system variable at the Command prompt or with the Linetype Manager. The default global scale factor is 1.0. The smaller the scale factor, the more repetitions and the smaller the spacing in each linetype pattern.

If there's a command that does what you described, it should be possible to replicate it in Brics.

• @Anthony Apostolaros said:

@Mike said:

How do you do that in autocad? The only thing I found with a google search for "autocad global scale factor" was this at Autodesk Knowledge Network:

Global Scale Factor

The global scale factor affects the appearance of all the linetypes in the drawing. You can set the global scale factor by changing the LTSCALE system variable at the Command prompt or with the Linetype Manager. The default global scale factor is 1.0. The smaller the scale factor, the more repetitions and the smaller the spacing in each linetype pattern.

If there's a command that does what you described, it should be possible to replicate it in Brics.

Perhaps it's only present in Civil 3D, but Under the C3D dropdown menu (top left corner) > Drawing Utilities flyout > Drawing Settings window, you can set drawing units, imperial to metric conversion, scale, and multiple other things globally for a drawing.

• @Mike said:
    Perhaps it's only present in Civil 3D, but Under the C3D dropdown menu (top left corner) > Drawing Utilities flyout > Drawing Settings window, you can set drawing units, imperial to metric conversion, scale, and multiple other things globally for a drawing.

It would be easy to write a script or a lisp-based custom command that does all that at once. In fact, there's probably a custom command out there somewhere, written by some other civil engineer, that does exactly what you want; so maybe all you need to do is come up with the right search phrase to google.

• @Anthony Apostolaros said:

@Mike said:

It would be easy to write a script or a lisp-based custom command that does all that at once. In fact, there's probably a custom command out there somewhere, written by some other civil engineer, that does exactly what you want; so maybe all you need to do is come up with the right search phrase to google.

Yeah, that's what I told the boss. Personally, I never used that dialog. Being a command line user, I've always just set them individually - only takes a few seconds. I hate LISP though, and for the sake of all the other users in the office, who all use the buttons, I'll just add a VBA button that will do it.