XLINES requiring regen

Hi,

Is everyone having to REGEN loads in order to get XLINES to display after panning? It's driving me a bit nuts. It also seems that intersections with XLINES that have not been refreshed with REGEN are not detected, which seems a bit odd as I thought that would not be affected.

Also has anyone notices that snap tracking doesn't seem to work anymore if you do a middle button pan to a new area of the drawing. This seems to be a recent regression. I have an SR in about this but just wondered if others are experiencing this.

Jamie

Comments

• OK. If it's just me am I doing something wrong. Is there a setting or two that I might be missing?

• Same problem over here.

- draw a few xlines, zoom into another drawing area away from the xlines, regen,
      zoom back - they aren't visible anymore (everything else remains visible), regen and they reappear.
    - draw an xlines with the "parallel" option so that it is outside the current zoom area,
      zoom out to where the new xline should be - it's not visible, regen and it reappears.

Can't comment on the snap tracking yet.

• Hi Jörg

I've had both these issues confirmed as being due to problems with the pan buffer. This can be turned off in settings and makes big improvements at the expense of a little more screen flicker when panning.

Regards

Jamie

• This behaviour is happenoing as well when 2 active viewports: the XLINE in the 2d viewport doesn't show up ....

• First of all, thank you Jamie for the hint.

I turned the panbuffer off, and watched the last few days how the xlines behave.

Unfortunately nothing seems to change, xlines still disappear and need a regen to reappear.

Seems to be an ongoing problem, I have it as long as I can remember.

This discussion has been closed.