lisp and interface

have used icad for drawing w/ some success and am interested in providing feedback w/ respect to my further explorations of the software 2.2.0019 with respect to some lisp functions and a system variable as affected by choice of snap modes. functions = and eq seem to return reversed conclusions according to what the help file indicates and to what other texts i have found at my local library on the subject of lisp (eq is supposed to indicate equivalence of place, address, cons cell, etc. as opposed to equivalence of expression, print representation, etc. function lsh will only take non-negative integers for the bit shift, and returns zero for all negative integers: this is contrary to what the help file says. when starting w/ osmode=1 (end point snap) and selecting an addittional snap from the tool bar (say intersection), the command line indicates that the choice is out of the range of the system variable (osmode?). perhaps some of these facts are related. i am not a paying for a annual and supported position w/ icad, and i'm not, in general, looking for responsive support, however, the time spent and observations i've made may be of some value in making future "corrections" or redefining conventions of lisp. please let me know if you wish to receive any further communications regarding my experinces and observations. regards: mike