Problem with minsert / explode

I need some expert help!  I have not use B-cad for over a year and recently pick it up again.  First thing I did was upgrading to Version 10 and try to get familiar with that.  It worked quite different from the last version I used (version 8).

The first issue I found is with minsert and explode.  I used minsert to insert a grid of blocks called tubes onto the model.  Then I used explode to break that into the individual blocks.  To my surprise, only one of the blocks (the one at the lower left corner) left on the screen.  The others simply disappeared.  What did I do wrong?

Thank you for your help.

Comments

• Minserts cannot be exploded into an array of separate inserts. Because a minsert is actually just an insert, exploding a minsert has the same effect as exploding a "normal" insert placed on the minsert's insertion point. You can do two things:

1. Place a "normal" insert in your drawing and then use the array command.

2. Or try using Jeffery P. Sanders' xminsert.lsp to turn an existing minsert into an array of "normal" inserts: http://www.jefferypsanders.com/autolisp.html#MINSERT

• Thank you, Roy.  Insert / array works fine.  I also downloaded the xminsert file from Jeffery's website.  I do have problem with making it work since I never used LISP before.  May be it is time to learn it.  I'm sure it will make my life easier.  Again, thank you for your help.  I'm sure I need more of it very soon.

This discussion has been closed.