Profiles

Hi,

Is it possible to change the current profile to a new 'default' one?

I've added some menus in my Bricscad which resulted in a fatal error.

I can't open BC, everytime I get an error message.

How can I go back to the previous profile?

Regards,

Comments

• The easiest thing would be to look in the Bricsys | Bricscad v10 program group on the Start menu. You should find the User Profile Manager there which allows you to create a new profile and set it to be the active one.

Hope it helps...

• Thanks for the reply..

I've tried the User Profile Manager, unfortunately with no luck. When I create a new profile, set to current and use BC still shuts down. I assume that when creating a new Profile it uses the current / default profile which have the problem. Any other suggestions?

• A new profile should be completely fresh. Quote from BC Help:
    The new profile is created using default hard-coded values for all settings.

What is the error message?

• You can start Bricscad double clicking a user profile in the list on the User Profile Manager dialog. Did you already try this procedure? If nothing else helps, remove Bricscad then run the installer again.

• I've tried the new profile which also resulted in an error. I've also tried different user profiles using the User Profile Manager without any luck. I exported the profile and edited it, removing information which I thought could result in these errors, eg. seach path files, etc. I finally got it right. Thanks to all!

This discussion has been closed.