2 questions about bricscad for linux

There is flickering in the graphic's it's seen most when moving the cross hair's.Anything i can do to fix this?

Will bricscad for linux run 3rd party apps like autolisp or vba made for autocad or bricscad for windows?

Comments

• There is flickering in the graphic's it's seen most when moving the cross hair's.Anything i can do to fix this?

I have such problem in full screen mode (intell opensource graphics driver ) in kde 4.4, entering in windowed or even without border mode made bricscad working good.

• @Mike - Lisp is already available in Bricscad Linux :-)
    Some yet missing functions will be added during Q3, so in very near
    future our Lisp will be completely available on Linux version.

So it depends on the Lisp application whether it will run under Linux;
    currently, there are 3 details which will block them :
    - Lisp apps depending on DOSlib will not run (yet)
    - Lisp apps depending on OpenDCL/ObjectDCL will not run
    - Lisp apps that use Windows COM interfaces will not run

Nevetherless, the majority of Lisp applications should immediately run
    (after Q3, when Lisp is fully finished); DCL is also supported.

Of course, VB/VBA is not possible under Linux.

• No flickering problem, have nvidia and ubuntu

• Thank you

I only run basic autolisp nothing like microvellum or anything like that so this will work out good.I still am seeing some flickering in the cross hairs i am running a nvidia card with 256 MB of ram on it nvidia drivers are installed and up to date.I am running ubuntu 10.04.The flickering doesn't cause any problems or anything to crash but i was just wondering if anyone else had this and if they solved it.The problem may very well be with my pc?Just don't know.

• Hi

I also have a refresh problem with the cursor. I have an ATI 5770 on Ubuntu 10.4 with the proprietary driver flglx 10.6. I worked before on Debian Squeeze, but I had a lot of trouble with the graphic driver on OpenGL applications ( in Bricscad, there was no refresh, especially during selections : there was a large number of rectangles in the drawing ).

The problem seems to come from the graphic driver because everything was going well before an update of the graphic driver.

• No flikering and refresh ok, even while selecting. Have no video problem, and Bricscad works fast.

Ubuntu 10.04

GeForce FX 5200 128MB

nvidia driver 173.14.22 (from ubuntu restricted drivers or somethig like that, sorry have spanish)

Viewsonic vx2255 22"lcd  @ 1680 x 1050

This discussion has been closed.