profiles never save

Can someone give me the procedure to allow me to change the color, toolbars, cross hairs, add ons, etc and then save them so that they will open the same way every time! I do not know how, nor do I want to, write or put in lines of code.  I have no idea what lsp, VB, and some of the other jargon is.  I use the cad for simple plans, and to use the Land FX program.  I wanted to save money but it is not worth the savings if every time I open  a new BC event I am spending hours opening up settings and fixing the interface.  not to mention the other posts that discuss blocks and how they are twice as hard to deal with as it was in Auto cad.  Some one please help.  Here again, I am counting on this forum as my only means of help.  The manuals I have seen just show the differences between BC and Auto cad, not how to work with BC.   Hope some one can help before I blow another few hours.

Comments

• Mack, I have no problems with profiles. I use several profiles and switch between them as required. The changes made in one are remembered. I do not need to save the profile once a change is made to it, this is automatic. I change the model and paper space background colours, command window colours and font toolbars etc. Even the floating toolbars are restored for me.

What sort of changes are you doing that are not being saved?

Head scratching now... I keep a CUI file on a network drive and if that network path is not available when I start Bricscad up it does reset the toolbars but my profile is still intact. From your description this is not something you would do ;-)

Any chance your Land FX thing is resetting the profile to the way it wants it?

• It seems as if you are doing something like this:
    You start an instance of BC.
    You change some setting, let's say: > display > background color > from black to white
    Without closing the first instance of BC you start a second instance of the program and find that the background is black.
    You exit the instances of BC in the order in which they were started.
    Your setting is lost.

Try this instead:
    Start only ONE instance of BC.
    Change some setting, let's say: > display > background color > from black to white
    Exit BC.
    You can now start as many instances of BC as you like (or your computer can handle): they all should have the correct background setting.

• It was working before I installed the Bdactools. Even with LandFX.  Maybe I am doing something wrong.  

1. open BC

2.tools...profile.. create new.

3.name it "mackprofile"

4. move around stuff,make my changes to color, save percent, autosave path, new dwg template etc.  Nothing more than that. 

5 close BC

now it is working, so must have been doing something wrong before, can i make this profile the default, so if i have to reinstall it is saved, I have had no success in importing an exported profile, maybe it will work now?

• looks like that was the problem, cross my fingers and see in the next few days. Have you had importing a profile work, again maybe missing some steps here.

• Hi Mack,

I have had no problems importing my profile other than needing to watch for a path that may have changed since I saved it. The thing is to use the profile manager to export the profile and not the settings dialog. The settings dialog will produce a CSV file while the profile manager creates an ARG file which is a Windows registry file.

Hope that helps.

This discussion has been closed.