Icad-vba-meshes

I have been trying to program mesh/face construction and manipulation. However, in addition to the simplest exercises to try to determine what works through the icad interface and the vba interface, I think I need to know what the data-structures are. It seems that for either 3-sided 3d face, or 3-sided m,n-mesh face, a fouth point is installed in the data structure or required through vba (the fourth point in Add3DFace appears to be required rather than optional as the notation suggests). If the fourth point needs to be recognized as a place-holder in the data structure and implies requirements to construct and manipulate, then I would need to know that. The vba example in icad for AddPolyFaceMesh does not compile and the object browser indicates that AddPolyFaceMesh requires the two arguments of (vertices as points, list of face indices). The icad example uses "myPoints" as the only argument. The vertices as points doesn't appear to be a problem to me, but the list of face indices is something I don't understand without a recognizable data-structure and syntax that relates faces-units or mesh-units w/ 3, 4, or more vertices per face, to the points of a points collection that are the unit's vertices. This is probably also important when one wants to create and manipulate, programmatically, either 3-sided( ( m=3, n=1)or (p1, p2, p3, p1 or p3)), or 4-sided ((m=2,n=2)or(p1,p2,p3,p4), or combinations thereof, of units of entensive surface models. Does anyone have advice, knowledge, or experience to offer? Also, does anyone know of a successful combination of an 11"x17" inkjet print size (i.e. hp, epson, etc.) that will work w/ specific driver and icad. Thanks