Bricscad V10 on OpenSuse 11.2

OpenSuse 11.2 AMD 64 Bricscad (Trial) Version 10.6.3 build 19616

Firstly thanks for Bricscad for Linux. I wish to support this and have just purchase a License. As each day goes by I am getting the feel of Bricscad more and more. It has been a bit flakey on this box. This appears to have been caused by composting and desktop effects. With this turned off Bricscad is performing very well. Vertical screen area was small for me initially. I was able to increase the screen resolution to (1680x1050) - giving me a better work area. I am not sure about the tabs across the top. Me thinks I would like to use that screen area. But so far so good.

Does anyone know how to turn off the menu that appears after a command - offering different element selection choices ?

Comments

• I think the problems you were experiencing are related to KWin compositing. I also experienced some issues with it turned on and not just with Bricscad. Windowed OpenGL apps in general had graphical issues such as flickering or not displaying anything at all.

• Brian, do you mean the prompt menu?

Settings / Program Options / Display / Prompt Menu / "Don't Display prompt menu"

This discussion has been closed.