Printing Line Weights

I am finding that Bricscad prints lines heavier than ACAD LT & Progecad (for the same settings). Is there a quick fix?

Comments

• It looks like I am the only one having this problem

• I haven't had any program to compare with for a long time, but my prints seem to be what I expect for any given line thickness.

I only use colours to dictate printed line thicknesses, not actual line weights or polylines as a rule.

I was using a Dotted linetype to make polylines of varying thicknesses to represent flexible duct of different diameters, but the result (thickness of the dots, which elongated into ribs) varied over a few Bcad revisions and I stopped doing it.

There was some manipulation within the program to change the printed outcome in similar instances, but I never heard of similar for straight out lines.

• I also only use colours to dictate printed line thickness. All entities are drawn at the default line thickness of 0 mm. Layer line weight is set to 0 mm.

Horizontal line weight prints out thinner than vertical lines

• I did a print earlier with a piece of a PDF I had produced, just now I did one of the same area of that dwg direct to the same printer and there is no difference.

It happens to have a 0.5mm line very close to a .25 hidden line in both hor and vert - the ink in the plane the print head travels spreads slightly so they merge in that direction, but I can't generally discern a difference between directions. I use .18 pen thickness as thinnest and can't imagine a thinner pen actually working in the "good old days" by hand.

I seem to remember at one time encountering pen thicknesses confused  between inches and mm's in the print settings, but the result was pretty obvious.

Other than that, could it be a plot style table you think you have set but is not actually being used by Bcad to print? (just guessing at possibilities)

This discussion has been closed.