Print problems

ICAd ver 2.2.0027:1. Print often results in ICAD crash. Some larger drawings I just can't print at all, I can't get through the Print dialogs before a crash. In some circumstances it seems to help not to have scale set to "FIT" - if I specify a given print scale ICAD won't crash so frequently. Having this problem on larger drawings I suspect there might be some overflow when performing the calculations of the "FIT" scale?Any suggestions or workarounds?2. When selecting an area of drawing to be printed, only the FIRST corner selection uses snap. The other corner ignores ANY snap settings. Usually not a critical problem but sometimes rather annoying.RegardsVaclav

Comments

• This problem used to be very annoying until recently, when someone on this forum pointed out that icad will crash if an autosave kicks in while in print preview mode. My autosave is set at 5 minutes, so this was happening a lot. If you replace ^C^C^C_PRINT in the pull-down menu with ^C^C^C_QSAVE;_PRINT you shouldn't see much more of this behaviour. I would guess the larger drawings crash more often because they take longer to autosave?

• Re: Q2.The only work around I have is to make a view of the area to plot before typing the PLOT command. Of course you have the same problem with the second corner as you do from the plot dialog box. So you must use this LISP work around to create your view. This works. Then simply choose to print a view from the plot dialog.===== LISP FOLLOWS =======(defun c:VVIEW ( / a b c OldSnap) (SETVAR "cmdecho" 0) (setq OldSnap (getvar "OSMODE")) (setvar "OSMODE" 1) (setq a (getstring "\n\nType a name for saved view:")) (setq b (getpoint "\n\nFirst corner of window:")) (setq c (getpoint "\n\nSecond corner of window:")) (setvar "OSMODE" OldSnap) (command "view" "w" a b c) (PRINC))

This discussion has been closed.